These 4 pigs have 2 days left

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:52 pm

We're back. Got back Saturday night and we've been swamped at both of our jobs since.

Wheeky - sorry to hear you lost your Hedwig.

I am glad to hear they are all doing well.

The trip up there went really well I think. We stopped regularly to dole out veggies and check up on everyone. When we stopped for the night in Grand Junction, we found our way to a Walmart and picked up a bag of carefresh-like bedding and attempted to sort of clean and replace some of the bedding. Everyone got a few minutes of run around time/cuddle time on the bed on some bath towels we brought with us.

We realized that we had forgotten to mention that Gordon had left that lovely spot on Ted's bum. We saw it when we stopped for the night and tried to rinse it a little with no success. We figured you'd see it pretty quick though. Poor guy. Gordon was going nuts over our one-night stop. I think he smelled all the girls near by and couldn't stand it. After we moved each bin to a separate part of the room, they all calmed down significantly.

We really fell in love with Barney. He was the perfect gentleman the entire trip. He was the only one that consistently ate every veggie we gave him, was always calm, cool and collected, and loved when we'd pet him. He's such a sweetie. We thought he was quite a good looking pig too with his unusual coloring. I wish we could have kept him, but I hope he gets to go back with Betty eventually.

We were very relieved that no babies arrived during our journey. It was our biggest fear. It was good to meet you Wheeky. All of you have very big hearts to do what you've done. Give Steiner a pet from us. He's a charmer.

Charybdis

Post   » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:58 pm

So glad to hear that everyone's doing well.

critterluv02

Post   » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:25 pm

Red Blur I am glad to hear you are back. I was beginning to wonder if something had happened to you.

The car ride must have sent Gordon over the edge as he and Ted got along great while they were here. I am pretty sure RB can vouch for that as she saw them snuggled together in their hidey hole while she helped me slave away on cages. I am not crazy. Perhaps it was the easy listening radio station I play for them in quarantine. :-)

I knew it was a good thing to allow Barney to carry on, if I had kept him RB wouldn't have been able to love him too.

wheeky8

Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:57 pm

The babies are here!!!!!

Maggie gave birth about 11 am, and about 10 min after, Amelia gave birth also.

Four babies each, and they all look really good. Both mommas are helping each other clean babies and nursing.

I have an appt., so I have to leave soon. But if I can get the video thing to work this afternoon when I get back, I may be able to get some stills from the video we took to post later.

Looks like Gordon was possible the father of both litters.

critterluv02

Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:03 pm

Oh my, I cannot believe they both delivered on the same day. Wow, eight new babies in one day. I am glad everyone seems fine. I cannot wait to see photos. Do they have Gordon's awesome coloring?

Keep us up to speed.

lisam

Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:12 pm

Oh my goodness! How exciting! Can't wait to see them.

Pigglies

Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:16 pm

Aww! I can't wait to see photos!

They must be cute.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:59 pm

Congrats. I hope they all thrive and find the best of homes.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:25 pm

"That one's not mine."
"Yes he is. You nurse him."
"I'm not nursing him. He's yours. She's mine."
"She's not yours, she's mine. You nurse him. I'll nurse her."
"Oh well okay, if you say so."

wheeky8

Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm

Okay. Let me know if this link to the picture album works or doesn't.

Maggie, Amelia & Babies

critterluv02

Post   » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:55 pm

Wow. Those were some buys moms.

I really like the photo "Cleanuptime004". Out of all the pigs that have given birth here, I have only been lucky enough to catch it happening once. It really is amazing to see, but coming in to find them cleaned up and nursing is much less stressful.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:50 am

Congrats! They are all adorable and you guys have done a fantastic job moving all these pigs around. Kudos to all.