Water bottle springs

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2002 11:15 pm

Here are some pictures of the springs I use for water bottles. Saves tons of time for those of you with cages or lots of pigs.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2002 11:18 pm

Another picture of the trough set-up. And yes, Loren is cleaning cages as we speak. Hadn\´t gotten to the trough yet.

Peter

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2002 11:20 pm

Great idea!

I saw those springs at shows before, if I see them again I´ll have to pick up a few. I´m constantly loosing the clips, and I usually use rubber bands to hold the bottles on. They work pretty good too, especially because I have a few who really like to shake the bottle. I guess the springs would work even better than a rubber band!

pigpal

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2002 11:22 pm

I use rubber bands too! Those big fat purple ones off bunches of asparagus or broccoli.

pinta

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2002 11:26 pm

I use zip ties when I lose the clips.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:02 am

I hate technology. The first picture wouldn\´t post. The second one (the one showing) posting great. The third one, after 5 tries, won\´t post. AARRGGHH!!!

Ok, trying again.......

this is what I get!
Warning: chmod failed: No such file or directory in /usr/home/v1/a0016408/html/forums/_functions.php on line 1088

I swear, I hate technology.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:33 am

again......

ladyveg

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:34 am

Wow, I like those. I have a thing about the bendy wire that comes with the water bottles. I have so many different widths of water bottles, some are the tall 16 oz and some are the short, fat Lixit 45 degree 16 oz like in the first picture, so if the wires get mixed up, sometimes they don´t fit with the bottle. So whenever I have an empty cage, I tape the wire onto the empty bottle that used to go with that cage. Still, I do have several water bottles without wires and a little container full of the wires that have no bottles, and they don´t match up. Where did you get those springs? I love them. They would work better than the ones I was making with clotheshangers, wire cutters, and pliers.

For the life of me, I can´t figure out how you get the rubber bands to work, Peter and PP.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2002 7:20 am

KM-- sometimes it´s the size of the pics. I found out there are some kind of limits to chomoding pics that I can´t even change. If you ever have more trouble, crop the pic smaller. Oh, and I discovered that it won´t let you upload a pic twice, so if it has ever been uploaded before, you will get some kind of error message (this might also mean if it has the same name/number as another pic you have uploaded even if it is different, it won´t recognize it or let you upload it).

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2002 8:57 am

OK, good ideas, Lynx. None of these have been uploaded yet, was just trying to do it here.
I got them from Woody´s Wabbitts. I think he has them on his site, they are cheap and work wonders. I used to use those hang things, but they would fall off the cage. I can change water with one hand with these springs. I´ll see if I can find a link.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2002 9:01 am

It´s down towards the bottom of this page. The 3 inch are great for 2,4,6,8 ounce water bottles, and fight tight on the 16 oz.
the 5 inch work great on the 16 and 32 oz. size.

http://www.miva.synapseglobal.com/cgi-b ... cart.pl?db|woodys.dat|Category|merchant=a-webdesigns/woodys

If that link doesn´t work, then try this and just type in "water bottle springs" in the search area. sometimes the link worked and sometimes it didn´t.

http://www.woodyswabbits.com/htdocs/index.html
Last edited by kleenmama on Sat Feb 16, 2002 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ladyveg

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:25 am

Thanks, KM. I think I will buy a case of these things and then I don´t have to hyperventilate any time I can´t find which hanger goes with which bottle.

"You moved the hanger? You don´t need to take the hanger to the sink when refilling water bottles! The rule is, leave the hanger on the cage! The bottles are all marked!"