Hybrid of a guinea pig and rabbit?

Zalida

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:08 pm

Ok, don't laugh too much..

There's this girl in Finland who kept her guinea pig with a rabbit and the guinea pig gave birth. Two of the offsprings are normal piggies, but one of them looks very weird, like a hybrid of a guinea pig and a rabbit. She showed a picture and for me it looks like a hamster with a long ear.

Is this girl just a troll or have you ever, never heard that a rabbit can make a guinea pig pregnant? Everything that I've learned says that this is NOT possible, but girl keeps saying that she's telling the truth and the guinea pig haven't been with a boar guinea pig.

I don't believe because it just isn't possible, right? RIGHT?
Last edited by Zalida on Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:09 pm

How long has she had the sow? She could have gotten pregnant before she got her like at the pet store or something. Gestation is like 2 months or so.

Did you tell her why it's a bad idea to house the 2 species together?

VMOUSE1970
Supporter in '05

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:12 pm

Wasn't there something going around about that a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a hoax?

Zalida

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:20 pm

Yes, now she knows that keeping a guinea pig with a rabbit is not a good idea.

She has had this guinea pig for a 2 years now and she says that it has lived always with that rabbit. Although the sow has had 2 litters before but there's for a while since those (about a year).

She took the sow and babies to the vet today and she says that the vet took the weird baby so he can examine it more. "It's not a guinea pig", vet had said.

Here's the picture she showed us.

I believe she's a troll because this is just too weird for me.. But IS this possible? And if she's not a troll, what a heck is that thing?

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:28 pm

That looks like a hammie..

Zalida

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:33 pm

Yes it does. But still weird front legs and the ear.
I just want to prove she's a troll, but I have to be sure that this rabbit-thing is not possible. :P

patchsmummy

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:42 pm

my god it's a gerbie!, I'm well mystifed, and gobsmacked at the photo, It's mega weird

lisam

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:47 pm

It's a hoax. There is no way on earth that a guinea pig and a rabbit could produce offspring together. No way. Two very genetically different species.

chii
I Love Lucy

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:54 pm

Yeah, that's not a guinea pig. I say it's a hammie or gerbil.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:58 pm

My vote is gerbil.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:20 pm

I vote gerbil.

Guinea pigs and rabbits aren't even the same Family, much less genus or species.

No way.

AliceMcmallis
Supporter in '08

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:29 pm

It looks like a dwarf hammie pic that's been altered.