Hybrid of a guinea pig and rabbit?

Poor Baby Cuzko
My piggy made me give!

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:42 pm

That pic looks like all the hamster babies I've seen that haven't gotten used to their legs yet. Where they are trying to walk but can't control their legs. I think that would be around the 1.5-2 week mark or so.

I don't believe that it's scientifically possible to cross a guinea pig with a rabbit. She's smoking something funny or is a troll.

I had people going that a bat and a guinea pig can cross. I posted the pic from the member here that created it and I had people believing it for about 10 minutes before I broke down and squealed the truth.

aqh88

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:53 pm

That is a young yellow-black syrian hamster. Not a gerbil. Not a guinea pig. Not a rabbit. Not a cross of any of the above. Nice coloring though.

Vitesse

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:57 pm

The sample photo has been photoshopped, I can tell you that straight away.

ShadowBlasko
Supporter in '05

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:59 pm

We had "Micesters" once.. long ago.. when someone left a cage open . and the hamsters escaped.

I swear to you. I am not kidding.

I'll see if I can dig up and and scan the pics.

They didn't last long . only a few months .. and certainly not genetically suited to continue the line.. but they lived.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:16 pm

I had read of one instance but the 2 offspring were born dead and were not fully formed. It was more through medical resources (I think it was my sis's houserabbit magazines actually) but then again perhaps that doesn't mean it wasn't a hoax either.
Last edited by Webs on Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:17 pm

OOPS double post!

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:07 pm

Dumbass.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:24 pm

Is that promotion or demotion from effin' idiot? :·P

sjehoel

Post   » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:20 am

Some animals can cross breed, but I don't think guinea pigs and rabbits can. The obvious example is a horse and a donkey. Also, I think there have been rare occasions of cows gettings pregnant by male deers and a lama with a camel.

Zalida

Post   » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:53 am

Great link sjehoel - thank you!

BostonPigLover

Post   » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:43 am

Oh, The Liger! Nice link.