Hee hee..... I´m another renegade from CG, too!! :)

Stargazer49

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 11:42 am

Hi everyone! (aka: "Pooky´s Mutti".... from the old Cavies Galore!)

Well, first of all, please accept my moniker change....most of you who do know me, remember me as "POOKY´S MUTTI" and remember that I lost my FIRST little cavy, sweet little POOKY, after only having her for about one week. :( Which, inturn, started a sincere effort and petition to make a formal complaint to PETSMART. And, as you know, I left the forum because I just had to grieve the loss of my precious little baby...I dropped by Cavies Galore a bit later and started to realize that very few of my dear friends who nurtured me through my loss were no where to be found anymore and just eventually stopped going there altogether---the forum had changed so much!

Yesterday, I checked my email and found, to my total DELIGHT, a letter from my dear friend, PINTA. :) When I read what had happened (whatever that actually was??) which ended up with so many of the old members being barred/banished/booted-out/and, insulted, I almost fell off my seat! One thing I will not tolerate is hypocracy, so if that is the way things are going to be over there, I, for ONE don´t need it! Lord, if we aren´t allowed to say what´s on our minds, make comments about posted picture of Cavies of the Month without causing a ruckus, and such nonsense, the forum isn´t worth wasting time with.

So, if you all will roll out the little welcome wagon, I would love to become a permanent here where all my old buddies have come to gather! Take care now!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:16 pm

Happy to see you here. I still don´t really understand what happened at CG and how things took the course they did but there isn´t much point hashing it over again.

I guess I am hoping this site gradually turns into a good medical reference that is searchable and well organized. And the best way to do so is to encourage you people to contribute your own experiences and knowledge while having a little fun on the side (the conversation forums).

Glad you found us.

imanut4u

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 3:17 pm

Hi Ginny! Welcome to GL!

pinta

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:01 pm

Hey, nice to see you here.

angelina

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:42 pm

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 9:38 pm

Welcome aboard! I remember you from the "old days"! Lots of great people are on this board now, it´s terrific, and poor old Lynx has about gone grey getting it up and running, so use it often.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sun Jan 06, 2002 11:16 pm

Welcome Ginny! Glad to see you here!

mon

Post   » Mon Jan 07, 2002 6:07 am

Welcome back to the wonderful world that is pigs. How are your two monsters going?

cavytopia

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:12 am

Hi! I´m a fairly new cavy owner so didn´t meet you at CG. Nice to "meet" you here.

ricky

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2002 12:37 pm

I´ve been perusing the piggy boards for a couple years now, under the name "earl" and "ricky", mostly, in case any of you recognize it, and I can´t believe the nonsense that goes on. Most recently I read a post about Ivermectin on CG that ended up with Lynx (I think it was Lynx, I can´t keep all the names straight :) ) being banned for offering information and correcting information! That thread sent me straight over here, on the advice of the cavy spirit section on forums/message boards. Anyway, the whole thing is ludicrous and seems to oppress the communication of information which is the whole point. Talk about walking on eggshells!

Hey - does Vicki from JPGR visit message boards anymore? I miss reading her advice on... on... shoot, does anyone remember the name of that one messageboard, it was a very simple format and ended up being discontinued - pinta, i rememeber your name from it. It was about a year or two ago that it was running? I don´t remember who ran that one, but I liked it the best. What was that called?

pigpal

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2002 1:18 pm

Hi ricky, I see you hail from the fog capital!

Vicki doesn´t regularly visit the message boards any more, as she is so very busy. However, several of us are in email contact with her and she graciously gives us the benefit of her extensive experience whenever requested.

I´m not sure which discontinued GP board you´re thinking of, it seems there are so many around now. It´s hard to keep track of the comings and goings.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2002 1:48 pm

You sound familiar. Can you update us about your herd and jog our memories?