The 3 (new) little piggies

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:51 pm

You all probably know by now that I take zero chances when it comes to the pigs.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:54 pm

We know you dote on your pigs. :) I wish all pig owners were such good caretakers.
Clem's been gone for several years, but she can receive hugs at the rainbow bridge.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:23 am

I can see Clemmie frolicking along in the endless green grass with Scruffy, BJ and Oreo. No predators, no sickness and no worries. Only grass to eat and lots of playing needing to get done.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:27 am

Ugh, what a horrible story about Clemmie!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:41 pm

Can't even imagine how frightening that was to Clemmie.

I worked with a guy who had snakes and other reptiles. One day when I was showing pictures and videos of Lacey (which was pretty much every day at work) he made a comment that maybe my guinea pig would like to meet his snakes. My reply was that maybe his snakes would like to meet my 9 mm Smith and Wesson. Don't mess with a guinea pig mom who's packin' heat.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:07 pm

I would have a hard time being nice to someone who made a comment like that. I don't even want to entertain the thought of anyone doing something like that with any guinea pigs. That's why I have 12 of them instead of just the two I origially started out with. I didn't want to mention anything about it, but I have my shotgun and my Beretta handy to deal with any predators who make the mistake of coming after my babies; furry or human alike. I'm fully trained to use them safely and properly by the military too, so don't worry.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:37 pm

He was just trying to press my buttons.

What he didn’t know was years earlier I worked with a guy who never matured past the age of 12. So every day was adolescent day complete with his pranks and comments. In fact, the job was available because the former admin assistant took a demotion just so she wouldn’t have to work with him anymore. That’s where I learned the art of snark. Sometimes my mouth responds before my brain engages, but it keeps people in line. :)

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:12 pm

Sometimes my mouth responds before my brain engages, but it keeps people in line. :)

Yes but sometimes it can back fire and you lose the one you love and you end up living alone and isolated. I now try to treat people with love(what ever that is) and kindness. If get angry I try to count to 10. Being alone is a fate worse than death especially when one doesn't and is too scared to drive! You catch more flies with sugar! If ignored most lose interest!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:59 am

We all need more kindness and I applaud you for making that effort. I’ve been trying the same since there’s a lot of anger around right now. And although I try to find humor in most things, I’m a natural-born smart aleck which surprises people who don’t know me.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:56 am

Humor rocks. When I walk, I often listen to podcasts and The Moth I occasionally really laugh! Such a wide swath of people and experiences. We are all human.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:26 am

I love The Moth!

Another awful story about snakes & pigs. Some of you might remember Bytxlaura (something like that). She went into a pet store for something & saw some guys with what she thought was a skinny getting ready to feed it to a snake. She offered to buy him, brought him home & named him Lucky - lucky indeed. Turns out he wasn't a skinny. He had a terrible case of mites.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:46 am

Wow, Lucky for sure, poor little guy.

I’ve listened to The Moth on occasion but I never set up a regular schedule to download it. The only podcast I download faithfully is Car Talk. I can listen to them multiple times just for Tom’s laugh.