Perpetua, Puzzle and Pepsi

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:56 pm

It was five years ago on the 11th that I found Pepsi dead in her cage. Four days later I brought Pepino home. Since my last posting we have had more work done on the basement. Both boys handled it remarkably well, even Pellegrino, who is such a scaredy pig.

They are such brave boys. I heard of a pig or pigs supposedly dying of fright after hearing firecrackers go off. Then, the other day I cut Pellegrino’s butt fur. I took off my skirt as I didn’t want him urinating on it. We both ended up screaming. I actually screamed louder due to the huge scratch marks on my bare legs.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:07 pm

A classroom guinea pig peed on my dress when I was in the 4th grade. I ended up giving one of them a home at the end of the school year. That's what my wet skirt led me to!! Sorry about your legs - ouch.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:36 pm

It looked worse than it was, Bookfan.

It was seven years ago today I brought Pepsi home.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:19 pm

Eleven years ago this month Pippin died on my birthday and a few days later I found Perpetua and her babies at the Montgomery County animal shelter. In August 2011 we had an earthquake that shook a good bit of the east coast. I felt sorry for Perpetua as she had lost her mate, Pandora, a few days before. Perpetua's cage was on the floor near the window and a console with a lot of glass and china knicknacks, I'm sure the vibrations must have been incredible but it didn't seem to phase her much. As Tammy from Cavymadness says, piggies can be so week and so strong.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:44 pm

It was in September of 2011, exactly ten years after the attack on the World Trade Center, that I adopted Puzzle. He was supposed to help put together the "puzzle" that was my life. Instead, he ended up breaking my heart, dying as the result of a congenital malocclusion that was no one's fault. He was less than two years old.

Pepino is such a funny guy. I had a Buffalo Wild Wings bag on the floor and he crawled right into it. I could have just carried him off in it as it had a handle on it. Uber Eats bags are a blessing--I can hide the piggy carriers in them and carry them in an Uber without them being detected.

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Pepino died October 20th. This was one of the last pictures of him:

Pellegrino and I have started a new game. It’s called “move the food.”

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:26 am

Oh, he was so handsome! I have a soft spot for white piggies. Peace and healing to you.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:38 am

Yes he was, thank you.

Honestly, I never would have thought of adopting a PEW until I got Pandora almost 15 years ago. After Lightning died I was on my way to an adoption event in Virginia when I stopped at the Alexandria shelter where I got Pippin. They had a baby PEW girl named "Hannah" who hadn't been there very long and wasn't even on any web site. I looked at her just to be polite and thought "she's cute and she gets along well with Pippin."

A few days before Pepsi died (I had no idea it was coming) and I thought of Pandora, who had died almost three years before that and how I if I got a chance to adopt another PEW I would. Then when Pepsi died I found Pepino, his mom, four other siblings and I think some other PEW's at the Fairfax County shelter. Pandora is on the left, Pepsi is on the right:

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:48 pm

Today is Pellegrino's fourth birthday:

My beautiful Pellegrino is four years old today! He will probably get extra veggies Sunday or Monday but today we celebrated by NOT brushing his fur:

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:48 am

Oh my goodness, JaneDoe, he is BEAUTIFUL!!! *swoon*

Happy Birthday, Pellegrino! Enjoy your special day!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:16 am

Thank you. And he's become even more beautiful!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:43 am

He is magnificent and knows it!