Perpetua, Puzzle and Pepsi

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:26 am

its difficult when any animal passes but i think pigs have a special place in their owners hearts...

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks, Maddy. Been looking at containers for his ashes. It is too painful--just gonna tell them to pick out a nice one.

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:55 pm

How could I forget today is the feast of St. Perpetua? I dreamt about Patapsco last night :S

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:14 am

Eleven years ago this month I brought home "Baby" Pandora. She eventually grew into her ears and head.

Even though she lived longer than any of my other pigs I called her "baby" because of her roundness and small size:

Honestly I thought a plain white pig was boring but she was cute and got along well with Pippin. Years after she died I was thinking of what a beautiful girl she grew up to be and that I wouldn't mind having another white piggy again. Then Pepino came into our lives...

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:18 pm

It was 13 years ago this month that I adopted Lightning, my first piggy, my avatar pig. He was such a sweet boy I felt I had to get him a friend. I loved Pippin, his mate, but Pippin was not sweet. Frankly if he had been my first pig my next pet would have been a rabbit.

Lightning died the same way Patapsco did--of a a huge tumour, most likely malignant. I am thinking of Patapsco a lot. Even though I love Pepino and Pellegrino I still miss him and feel sad sometimes.

Crazy4me

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:39 pm

I am sorry Jane; it is never easy losing a pig or any furry friend for that matter. Grief comes in waves, some waves produce tears and some produce happy memories.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Thanks, Crazy4me.

daveandtiff

Post   » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:04 pm

I'm glad you dream about your babies. They are always with us. Always...

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 pm

Thanks, D and T.

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Pepino is two years old today!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Happy Birthday, Pepino!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:26 am

We thank you, C. Cole.