The crazy life of a surprise family member

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:44 pm

This has been an adventure! I hope they continue to enjoy each other.

Ginasgrandmom

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:52 pm

A little update on the three girls. All three have gotten older and more into their own personalities, which has changed in the past few years.

Ryzen still is the vocalist to remind that they are STARVING each and every morning. This finally has gone down to me walking near their cage. She also is demanding of cuddles when anyone is near. Blankets are her favorite thing to lay in. Not on, in. She burrows under any she can find. The only down side, she has decided that biting is necessary when she is bored. She will start chewing on our clothes and skin if she is not content. We got her to fall in love with green bell peppers. But, not grocery store green peppers. The ones from the farm across the street's seconds. So, half the year we have issues and the other half, she's trying to steal them from Liberty and Invidia.

So, about Invidia. We have to watch her liquid veggie intake. As long as she only has cucumber two times a week, her poops do not get very soft. Any more and days will go by with soft, smushy poops. She also has been chistened Vidi the Explorer. Yes, sung to the theme of Dora the Explorer. She enjoys it. As she has gotten more comfortable around "her" hoomans, she has begun jumping from the top of the sofa into the loft of the cage to get back in. Crying ensues if she is taken off and put in herself. She also loves climbing to high places and discovering how far she can get on her own. We have to constantly keep a close eye on her. For the most part, she will tell you if SHE wants cuddled. When this happens, she climbs up to lift herself up so that she is almost on her hind legs to help being picked up. If she doesn't, she runs and hides. In that case, Ryzen moves to get picked up herself. The two of them have multiple tug of war events when it comes to veggies. The only way it ends is when I put a second of the veggie in question in front of their faces. But, Invidia is the narrowest of them all.

Lastly, there is Liberty. She has become more of the hide and keep from getting picked up kind. Once you do, she just stays comfortably by us. It's just always a fight to get it to happen. She has no desire to explore or leave her comfy areas. But, she is still the one in charge when necessary on irritations.

The three of them are regularly caught together cuddled up or just relaxing near each other. If one is hormonal, sooner or later, that one gets chased to the loft and Liberty blocks the ramp so the menstrual one can't get down until calm is restored. I should add that Ryzen at one time had a breeder's tag, but that is gone. In fact, the same day it did, we noticed a different vibe in the cage. Our suspicion was that it was ripped off by one of the girls while everyone was at school/work. But, after that, it seemed that it then made Ryzen completely accepted as one of the girls and not just an annoying member. There was no blood or scabs ever found on her and she let everyone touch her ear with no complaints. But, she now has a permanent flared ear.

When I have time, I will get updated pics if anyone wants to see the girls. But, basically, they are doing great and ruling the house.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:19 pm

The way it should be too! Glad to hear they are all doing well and keeping you all on your toes!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:35 pm

Yes, doing well is good! Sounds like you are enjoying them.