Pigjes' Pigs Piggadice part Pee ... oops, Three!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:22 am

3 of the herbs in Cush-Shin herbs are each responsible for possible side-effects, and he had all 3 side-effects. He was. as described, a double dosage to start with. Taking him off did help, Cisapride took away the nausea, but we also knew before he had the herbs that his heart was finished and his life was cut short ... we are heartbroken ...

I made this vid to celebrate his life.
https://youtu.be/WdulXtVJSVA

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:31 am

Oh, I am so terribly sad. I read your description below the video too, where you summed the many ways he was such a treasure to you and brought joy and love into your life. It is heartbreaking for me too. He was so real to us all. I enjoyed everything you shared about Binky.

You have my heartfelt sympathy. We all know how fragile life is, for both our beloved pets and us too.

I know you gave Binky a rich life. And am so happy he enriched your life too.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:11 am

I am so sorry! All pigs are special, but Binky was unique in the way he was able to communicate with you. I can't imagine the hole he leaves in your hearts.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:31 pm

My condolences on the loss of Binky. He was indeed a special little guy, and your video tribute is wonderful. He had such a full and happy life with you, and I hope as time passes that you will remember those happy times even more.

Take care of yourself.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:45 pm

So sorry to hear about Binky. Just know that he's in great company on the rainbow bridge. Our thoughts are with you.

Crazy4me

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:22 pm

Oh no!! Binky was such a special pig! I am so sorry.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:46 pm

I'm very sorry you lost Binky. He was quite the special pig.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:57 am

Thanks so much everyone, it really means a lot to us!

The cage is torn down. The fabrics were decaying, so they were taken for recycling as rags. The cage itself was also showing signs of mild rust, so that went to the city dump as well. Staring at the empty spot is terrible the past 2 days.

I had piggies on and off since I was 4. The past 17.5 years, we took care of many pigs. Never left on vacation, never left the house for more than 16 hours tops on very rare occasions. He's the last one, maybe even forever. All my life, I have been in service for people and pets. A lot less for humans though since I became disabled, which is understandable, as the physical part is gone to help. At 57, I want to do something for me for a change.

We need to start saving for vacations after the outbreak, so we can check out where we will live after our pension sets in. I need a better climate than our Belgian weather. I was told that I needed to move in 2009, that's easier said than done, much easier when hub is on a pension in 12 years. We need to visit our best friends spread out over the world as well, and visit some distant locations in regards to our pinball and arcade hobby.

Once moved from here, I have no clue if I am able to have piggies ever again, due to my own health and age. It's heartbreaking to live without for both of us, as hub was the perfect piggie dad as well. But, we have to. I am ever so grateful that the last pig we had was extra special, he just fills our hearts with so much joy, the memories of all the wonderful pigs we had will last a lifetime.

The cage location will be transformed into a giant Sylvanian Families diorama, something hub and I enjoy both as well. Binky loved watching the Sylvanians, as I caught him sitting and enjoying the lights in the settings in the evening sometimes. I used to carry him around the house to look at them sometimes, as all was not visible from his cage, he was always fascinated to look at them.

And the Cavy Comic, which has been going since 2004, has at least some years to go as well, till my inspiration runs out. Binky will be in there too in a few years, and his cosplay character will be Bink Sinatra and Bob Bink Ross. The comics have been giving me such joy. I post them for free on Facebook weekly, and the joy that it makes people smile is wonderful. The fact that all the memories of each and every pig of ours is incorporated, is very special to me. At some point, I should publish them again, I know, as not all of them are available to read on Facebook anymore.

I will still be on here. I met some of you on Facebook and it has been great to have you as "frimaly". I always had little real family, as my dad died young and my mom and her family ... I go by the saying that when there is nothing good to tell in public, then don't. My online friends mean the world to me.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:07 am

I know Binky will always be especially close to your heart, as so many of your beloved guinea pigs are. You are a special person to have here. I hope this new chapter in your life brings happiness.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:24 am

I am so sorry! I knew this day would come at some point, but part of me didn't want to believe it. I just loved your stories about Binky. What a special pig he was.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:22 am

Thanks both. This loss has been extremely hard on us. Hub suffers very hard, I feel sorry for him. The fuzzy warm memories make it a little better, day by day, but this will take time.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Take care of yourself and hub. Everyone here understands how difficult it is to adjust after losing a sweet little soul like Binky. It sounds like you have some good plans to help you work through this. I wish you all the best.