Sam and Dean

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:00 am

Dean really likes Muffin and the feeling is mutual. They spend a lot of time together where their cages meet. I know why and I'm sure they'd both like to get closer, but they're going to have to settle for having the wires separate them. It's for their own good. This is the exact reason why I don't have the girls next to any of my paired boars. Something like that is sure to cause a rift between them. It's not an issue with a bachelor boar and it's helping one who just lost a lifelong partner.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:57 am

I'm glad they are getting along apart but together!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:55 pm

It's really cute. They're like high school sweethearts whose parents forbid them being together. Only this parent has taken every precaution to ensure their relationship remains platonic. The other 2 girls hardly notice and so far it's not causing any issues between them.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:32 pm

I picked Sammy up today. It was a rush of emotions as I brought him home and prepared his final resting place. He has a very nice urn, but no certificate or wildflowers. I have wheat grass seed and some nice flowers to plant for him. He loved wheat grass, so I think its appropriate. I wanted to do something simple for him, so here it is.

Rest in peace Sammy. Gone but never forgotten.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:06 pm

He was so well-loved. We can form such special bonds with our pets and indeed will live on forever in our hearts.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:19 pm

I feel a sense of closure now. It still hurts and I still miss him, but having him home and in his final resting place helps.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:14 am

That’s so nice.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:41 pm

"lives for ever in our hearts" Yes.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:55 am

Very nice day today and the grass has started to green up. I had just enough time to get a few of the piggies outside and Dean was one of them. Even without Sammy, he's doing very well and loves the fresh green stuff. My plan is to get him and all of the pigs out as much as I can once the grass comes all the way back.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 3:12 am

Pictures on cage day! Dean is still getting along very well without Sammy. He doesn't seem to mind being a single pig. He's always been a slow eater while Sammy liked to devour his as quickly as possible. His cage is usually the 4th one to get changed, so there are a lot of guinea pig scents for him to check out when he goes into the tote. I bet he would sit still and stay on the bed if I put him there instead of in the tote, but he poops a lot and would probably do it on my bed. Besides, he enjoys checking out those other guinea pig smells and I wouldn't want to deprive him of that or have to clean up the mess. I took this picture before I took him out to change his bedding.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 8:14 am

What an inscrutable expression! You want to pick him up and hug him!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 4:53 pm

Keeping an eye on the camera!