Sam and Dean

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:06 pm

He was so well-loved. We can form such special bonds with our pets and indeed will live on forever in our hearts.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:19 pm

I feel a sense of closure now. It still hurts and I still miss him, but having him home and in his final resting place helps.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:14 am

That’s so nice.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:41 pm

"lives for ever in our hearts" Yes.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:55 am

Very nice day today and the grass has started to green up. I had just enough time to get a few of the piggies outside and Dean was one of them. Even without Sammy, he's doing very well and loves the fresh green stuff. My plan is to get him and all of the pigs out as much as I can once the grass comes all the way back.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 3:12 am

Pictures on cage day! Dean is still getting along very well without Sammy. He doesn't seem to mind being a single pig. He's always been a slow eater while Sammy liked to devour his as quickly as possible. His cage is usually the 4th one to get changed, so there are a lot of guinea pig scents for him to check out when he goes into the tote. I bet he would sit still and stay on the bed if I put him there instead of in the tote, but he poops a lot and would probably do it on my bed. Besides, he enjoys checking out those other guinea pig smells and I wouldn't want to deprive him of that or have to clean up the mess. I took this picture before I took him out to change his bedding.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 8:14 am

What an inscrutable expression! You want to pick him up and hug him!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 4:53 pm

Keeping an eye on the camera!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:04 pm

Today is Sammy's day. It was one year ago today that he made the trip to the Rainbow Bridge. His passing was one of the tougher ones, largely because I'll always wonder how it could have been avoided with better vet care. He was such a great guinea pig and he didn't deserve to go out like that. I find some peace in the fact that during his life, he was well loved and shared his habitat with a great partner in Dean. I think of him every day when I care for his buddy and I will always miss him. Rest in peace, my little Sammy.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:16 pm

He was a good looking pig. Yeah, some of those losses are especially hard. Rest in peace, little boy.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:52 am

I was bored this evening and was reading back through the chronicles and I realized that Dean turns 5 years old this year. When I got him and Sammy in April of 2019, they were 9 months old. That means they were born sometime in July of 2018. It's been a while since I updated you all on his progress. He's actually doing pretty well in his senior life. He's lively and healthy. He eats well, albeit quite slowly. He's always been a slower eater than the rest of my pigs, but he's slowed down a little bit more. His quantity hasn't decreased. He just takes longer. He doesn't eat all of his food at once except for his pellets. He nibbles off and on all day.

His excitement when I go to feed him and love on him hasn't curbed. If anything, it's increased. He's wasn't much of a cage nibbler before, but he is now. I think that started after Sammy passed. I call him Top Piggie because he's the oldest and the last of my original pigs. He gets his food and treats first because she has its privilege. There's green grass outside, but it's been a little bit too cool for him to go outside, plus the yard is still a bit mushy from all the rain. He's fine with the grass I pick for him.

He's always been a very distinguished gentleman. Now he's in a class above that. I took a couple of pictures of him when I gave him hay.

Ugh! Biting the cage.

Still loves his hay. He forages the best pieces off and on most of the time when he's not sleeping.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:54 pm

Pigs do love their hay - and the people who bring it. I'm glad he's doing so well.