Two's Company, Three's a Crowd, Four's a HERD :)

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:24 am

Starting a thread here for our herd!

I'm CageCleaner and Cramer is my partner. We share our home with our three piggies and as of Tuesday we have a new face in the house--here's Opal:

She is two months old and adopted from the Humane Society of Tampa Bay. Tipping the scales at 440 grams and eating like a champ already. Was an 'oops' baby along with a brother named Moose who was adopted to another family. Mom is white/grey roan, dad is tan/chocolate, both Abbies, so her coloring is VERY unique!

Hope to post more updates and pics of the rest of the herd soon :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:45 pm

She is an adorable girl!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:05 pm

Little Abbies are the cutest guinea pigs of all! By far my favorite!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Here's proof of how adorable Abbies are. This is my 5 week old Scruffy getting out of the pet carrier for the first time. He didn't want to wait until I was ready to pick him up. He wanted out now!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:37 pm

Awwww! She's so cute!

Love the hair! :D

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:42 am

Good morning from the rest of the herd, who are patiently waiting for Opal to finish quarantine:

Dana is the redhead Abbie, 6 years old now, previously posted about here since she had a lipoma removed a while ago and has been doing fantastic since.

Bean is the calico, ~1 year old? My shy girl, hoping Opal can buddy up with her and get her out of her shell.

Casanova is the blonde, ~1.5-2 years old, our neutered boar all the way from Miami. He is very vocal and chatters at any/everything, but has taken to wheeking loudly at Opal so she will wheek back at 5 in the morning :)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:30 am

Great looking group! Dana reminds me of our Gabriel, who had the some coloring but with ruby eyes.

Cute fleece, too. :)

Curious to hear how the dynamics of the trio with a neutered male changes with the addition of another female.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:45 am

I'd be lucky to have 3 together in the same enclosure, much less 4 :) I'm also curious to hear about the dynamic. It's amazing how just one wheeker can trigger the others. Neither of my first pair of boars did it until I brought Sammy home; who wheeks at just about everything. Now 3 of them are doing it. It's probably my favorite thing that guinea pigs do, so I have no complaints.

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:02 am

Happy to report that Opie is doing great and eating fine again after she refused veggies the other night for some reason. We think she’s just new to the whole concept :) I actually stuck some grids on a liner in front of the main cage so she could see the others while eating last night. A bit unorthodox but since nobody could smell each other through the plexiglas it wasn’t a true ‘intro’—and everyone seemed content to watch each other like they were a TV during dinner!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed May 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Ha! Clever idea!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 am

I'm having a chuckle over your name, which must be the cleverest name I ever saw, lol. Such a lovely piggie!!

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Thu May 02, 2019 8:33 am

I will have to find a way to post the video, but we had some *serious* zoomies last night before dinner. This little girl is a massive bundle of energy! I can't wait to build the cage expansion when she's done being quarantined so all 4 of our pigs have a ton of room to run around. I have half a mind to build a Murphy bed too so we can use the whole room for floortime...