The Story of Two Little Wheekers

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:05 am

She waits until I pick her up and then bites my shirt, so all my around-the-house clothes look like they have moth holes.

Jan use to do that and I thought how cute! UNTIL I went to wash my clothes! All of them with tiny holes and green colouring. Now Jan has passed, I have kept 2 of the shirts and treasure them!

CleoCharity

Post   » Sun May 30, 2021 6:44 pm

Hi everyone! I just recently realized it's been a year since we last posted so I thought I should do an update! The girls have been doing great, they're both as chubby and content as ever. In early March we took on two more fosters named S'mores and Lillian. They came to us because they were housed with males for a while and the shelter thought it was pretty likely at least one was pregnant. So far one of them has been gaining weight pretty fast and has definitely grown a lot. She was pretty small at first, however, so we're not sure yet! If we do get any babies it'll probably be soon.

As for a little more in-depth update of my own pigs, Charity's six now and Cleo's five. They've both started slowing down lately -- Charity especially isn't as interesting in floor time or popcorns anymore, but she's still eating great and seems to be enjoying life. We've been watching both pigs pretty closely for any signs of arthritis and haven't seen any so far. They have check-ups pretty soon and we'll see if the vet has anything to say about making sure they're pain-free. As for the humans of the family, there have been lots of big changes this past year but covid didn't hit us too hard and we're still doing good!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun May 30, 2021 11:53 pm

Nice to get an update! Glad to hear your older girls still seem to be doing well. If your foster gives birth, I hope all goes well. It is very very hard on really young guinea pigs to give birth.