The Story of Two Little Wheekers

CleoCharity

Post   » Mon May 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Hello everyone! We are Cleo and Charity! We live together in a big cage and are BEST friends. We love to snuggle together but sometimes Cleo will kick Charity out of her spot if Cleo wants it. Luckily, Charity is very patient. We were adopted from a shelter that we met at. Charity was dropped off in a box and doesn't like to talk about her life before that. Cleo was an owner surrender. We were paired together and then adopted! Our human says that she noticed us because at first it looked like there was only one pig in the cage, and then she noticed Charity lying under the hay with her paws out in front of her like a dog because Cleo was hogging the hidey. According to our human, the shelter said that we were the most scared piggies they ever met, but now that we've been together in our home for 2 years, we are much less scared, especially Cleo. Charity is still working on her fear but our human says she is very brave. Since we were adopted, we have gone on many adventures!

One time when Cleo was still little, she was running around and she ran through the window in our wooden hidey hut! She was very proud of herself and bragged about it to Charity, who tried to do it too and got stuck. Luckily our human was there to help her out, but then the wooden hut left and never came back. Our human said she brought it to the trash, wherever that is. She said that it was a safety hazard. Instead, we got a new fleece hidey hut that we really like.

https://imgur.com/w3T7qXk
Cleo

https://imgur.com/WnHaFHH
Charity

Charity's Medical Thread: https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 6#p2298066

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue May 28, 2019 8:16 pm

You are both awfully cute! Sounds like you lucked out finding some wonderful humans!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue May 28, 2019 8:50 pm

Precious!

CleoCharity

Post   » Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 pm

We are also very smart! We like to be together at all times, so Charity has figured out how to open the cage door from the outside to let Cleo out.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue May 28, 2019 10:55 pm

That IS a smart pig!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue May 28, 2019 11:09 pm

Oh my word! :O

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed May 29, 2019 3:28 am

It's so adorable when they do that. Mr Bubbles pushes the sides of his play pen because he wants to get out and have the run of the room. That's not going to happen because the room is not guinea pig proof and he could get into trouble. That doesn't stop him from trying though.

Scruffy does it too, but only on the side where Mr Bubbles is. He wants to be friends and snuggle, but Mr Bubbles won't have it.

CleoCharity

Post   » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:05 pm

Hello, it's Cleo! Our human is being very annoying and has decided to foster guinea pigs! It's like we're not enough for her. She was going to foster two female pigs who were both possibly pregnant, but an hour after the foster was confirmed, one of the pigs gave birth to three pups! Our human can't take 5 foster pigs, along with us (7 pigs is a LOT, especially for the first time fostering). The two adults weren't bonded and were going to be in separate cages anyways, so our human is just going to be fostering the sow and her 3 pups. The shelter said that they thought that it was more important to get the babies into a foster home than the other possibly pregnant pig. This is our humans first time fostering (and taking care of 2 day old pups), so if anyone has any advice or things you should know about pups/fostering/taking care of pigs who just gave birth, I can tell her. She has been doing a lot of research, but she wants to be as prepared as possible. We don't know the pup's genders or what they look like yet (our human will be picking them up the day after tomorrow) but do I know that they're not going to be anywhere as cute as me. We are also still thinking of names (the shelter hasn't given them any yet), so any ideas would be awesome! She is thinking of either a food or outer space theme, but we're not sure yet. I think the pups should be named Cleo #2, Cleo #3, and Cleo #4, but for some reason, our human said no.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:20 am

I hope all goes well for you! You will need to provide a good diet and make sure you have identified their sexes so males are separated from females by 3 weeks of age. Have a cage with lots of room and make sure the walls don't allow for the pups to squeeze through.
www.guinealynx.info/diet.html
www.guinealynx.info/sexing.html

CleoCharity

Post   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 pm

Hello everyone, it's Kiwi! I'm one of Cleo and Charity's new foster pigs. My siblings Toast and Taco, our mom Ember, and I just got to our foster home, and we're settling in well. As we're only 2 1/2 days old, our human doesn't know our genders yet but will be checking daily to try to figure it out. She won't be separating us (if we're boys) herself, because we are going back to the shelter in three weeks anyway. My foster human read that newborns are supposed to be 60-120 grams, and I'm 72 grams while Toast is 70, but Taco is only 56. I sometimes kick Taco out of the way when Taco's nursing and Toast is already hopping in the food dish to eat some pellets, but our foster human is worried about Taco. Is 56 grams okay for a 2-day old pig? Also, are there any veggies that we shouldn't eat that our mom can?

CleoCharity

Post   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:27 pm

Kiwi

Toast

Taco

Ember

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:57 pm

Wow, what cuties! I'm glad you posted their pictures!