The Story of Two Little Wheekers

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:48 pm

Hey Taco, if I lived closer to you, I would give you the best forever home! I'm so glad to hear that you are hanging in there. Your foster human is doing a great job for you. Get better!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:40 am

You're doing fine, little buddy. Hang in there and keep getting BIG!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:29 pm

Little Taco, keep eating and growing! I wish you all the best.

CleoCharity

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:41 pm

This is Charity because human is too sad to type. We just found out from the shelter that Taco died this morning. They thought that she had a GI problem and that if they didn’t put her to sleep, she was going to die a long painful death. They euthanized her this morning, and they told human when she went to go visit them in the shelter. She says that the other three are doing awesome, and that they will soon be up for adoption but that they need to get a clean bill of health first. She also says that the cage felt so empty without little Taco’s constantly happy spirit, giant ears, and sweet little face. RIP little girl, you never knew what it was like to be in a forever home, to be bigger than 3 ounces, and you never made it to four weeks old. But you still faced every challenge (and there were lots) with a determined expression on your more often than not Critical Care covered face, and human is so grateful to have gotten to love you for your short 3 weeks and 1 day.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:41 pm

Oh man. Poor Taco. I'm so sorry to hear that.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:04 pm

Poor Taco. I'm so sad for her, and for you.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:47 pm

I’m so sorry about Taco. She had so much love and care in the short time she was here.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:19 pm

I'm so sorry. She sounded like a sweet little girl. I know she was very much loved and will not be forgotten.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:10 pm

Oh no, I'm so sorry. We were all pulling for Taco. There were a lot of things that she never lived to know, but she did know love and caring in her short time here on earth.

CleoCharity

Post   » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Thank you so much for all your kind words. Ember, Kiwi, and Toast have all been adopted, and Toast's new owner even sent me a very nice email and some pictures. She looks very happy in a big new cage with a new friend. Cleo and Charity are as fat, happy, and healthy as ever. They were staying with their grandparents for a little while, and they were spoiled rotten. I'm back with them now, and although they were excited to see me, I think they're a little bit disappointed as they know that they can't convince me that they're starving :)

CleoCharity

Post   » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:26 pm

Hello, it's Cleo! Human was concerned that we weren't eating enough hay, so she decided to put a small pile up in our loft, along with our normal hay bag. We're already eating much more hay, so she's decided to keep it there permanently! Charity doesn't care, but I love the hay pile, and I go crazy when human gives us more. She is also redoing the room we are in, so our cage is getting changed up! Right now, it's in an L shape, which we like, but it makes it harder for human to clean and for her to pick us up. So, she's moving it around so that the loft and doorway are in the middle, with the extra kitchen on the end. I know it doesn't make any sense, but I'll tell her to post pictures of it when it's done.

On a different note, human finally feels ready to foster again. She still misses Taco (and the other three!) but knows that Taco would want her to keep on trying to help piggies in need. She emailed the shelter to tell them she's ready for anymore if they need a foster home, so she may be posting pictures of some new babies soon!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:32 pm

That's great! More fun for all!