The Legend of Barry Jenkins

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:25 pm

Got a card from BJ's vet clinic today. Normally it's just a kind gesture they do and it's a generic thing that they stuff into an envelope and send to the owner of a pet that passes on. This one was pretty special because everyone who works there put down some kind words and signed it. Apparently BJ made a really big impression when he spent the day there getting his x-ray done. They don't get many guinea pigs in since there's just been one vet who can treat them up until Dr Waller came on board a few months ago. So when they do get one, especially when it's for the whole day, they all get a chance to hold it. You've seen what a cuddler BJ was. It's my guess that they all got to experience it, which is why he made such a big impression. His being unique with his red eyes and albino white coat probably had something to do with it too. I was quite moved by the card and it even brought a smile to my face.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:26 am

Bet BJ is smiling too. BJ is chuckling knowing he smooched all the nurses at the vet and you didn't know. A real ladies pig! So glad your vet took the time to send you a personlised card. Makes it nicer when it has that personalised touch.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:32 am

That's so nice! Some pets make a huge impression on the vets and techs and they feel that loss. I've had such nice cards, and even ink paw prints and paw imprints in clay given to us from vets after we've had to say goodbye to a dog or cat. Such a caring gesture.

263 posts