The 3 (new) little piggies

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:03 am

I love it when they lay in the hammock. Nothing is cuter to me than that. Brings a smile to my face every time, no matter what mood I'm in.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:47 am

Oh, that does indeed look comfy!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:16 pm

Gilligan and Skipper were arguing over the hammock. My solution was to put another one so they both have one.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:59 am

So the second hammock solved the argument between Gilligan and Skipper but not how I expected. I thought perhaps they would each take one, but neither one wants either hammock now. As it turns out that neither one wanted the other to have the one that was originally in there. Sometimes these two are as bad as the kids when it comes to sharing 😋

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:36 am

Isn't that just like a guinea pig!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:00 pm

Second day in a row where it was nice enough to get the guinea pigs outside. Oreo got his turn too. I didn't get time to get Gilligan and Skipper out there, unfortunately. There was only a short window of time and Sammy and Dean took part of it. None of the 3 little piggies are comfortable out there without an older brother to help them feel secure, so Mr Bubbles got to go out again today. Providing security is a small price to pay for the chance to get some fresh air, sunshine and green grass. Rest assured that he didn't mind one bit.

What we are having here is a false spring. Old man winter is not done here. He's taking a break and we're making the most of it.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:31 pm

Gilligan and Skipper had their turn outside today. There wasn't a whole lot of green grass left, but they managed to forage up quite a bit. There's literally no green grass left in that spot now. Hopefully we won't have to wait for spring for more of it to grow back.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:15 pm

Glad they had a great time outside! They are very handsome boys! Love the long hair on the butt! Enjoy your grass boys.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:21 pm

What cuties! Love the expressions on their faces like they're going to eat as fast as they can before anyone takes the grass away.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:13 am

As you can see, especially in the top picture, there are only small amounts of short blades of green grass out there and that's after Sammy and Dean had ravaged through it. Still, they went to town on it and hardly stopped eating the whole time they were out there. I was actually surprised how much they managed to forage up.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:12 pm

I'm admiring the long "skirt" too. Which pig is that?

Piggies always do seem to have that look on their faces, "this is important business and I need to take care of it fast", when they're eating especially if it's a treat.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:48 pm

The long hair is Skipper. We've been lucky so far with it. There hasn't been any of the common problems with long hair on the backside, like urine and poop getting stuck in it and making it very messy. He's getting in trimmed and groomed at his next nail trim in about a week or so. Very important to keep my eye on it.