The 3 (new) little piggies

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:32 am

He's my golden piggie. He has the sweetest disposition. Actually, all of my piggies have a sweet disposition, but Gilligan takes it to another level. He squeaks contently whe I hold him and he's a licker.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:45 am

It was a beautiful day today. Sunny and 70°. Perfect for the pigs to go outside and get their graze on. There was enough green grass for them to eat their fill, which they both did.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:05 am

Love the big butt! No picture for me! Too busy eating! Glad they had fun!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Yes, perfect pig-grazing weather. Very round butts!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:17 pm

Oh, yes, round butts are the best!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:50 am

They're in piggie paradise.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:42 pm

Just wait until the grass comes all the way back.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:58 am

Lots of rain lately, so there is lots of green grass now. Gilligan and Skipper got a chance to eat their fill today since it was such a nice day. I didn't get any photos this time. Actually I got all of the piggies out to get a turn. Except for poor Mr Bubbles of course. I didn't think it was a good idea with his infection going on, but he got (and continues to get) compensation. He gets plenty of the wheat grass I've been growing, plus I picked some of the wild grass for him.

Dean, Wilber and Grady all got to eat their fill. Buttercup, Muffin, Kahlua and Jack (boys and girls separately of course) all were too scared to do anything but hide in the tunnel I put out for them. I gave them a few minutes to see if they would relax and eat some grass, but it really looked stressful for them, so I picked them some grass and put them back in their cages to eat it. I don't know what their problem was because they've all been outside before, even though it was only a couple of times and quite a while ago. I was thinking that if I put Dean or Mr Bubbles (when his eye gets better) out there with them, they might feel more secure and follow their example. That worked in the past with every other piggie who had apprehension over being outside. I'll try that next time.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:56 am

So glad they got their fill of grass. How about sending some this way? You could try a big paper bag with grass in it and when they hide in bag they find grass in there with them. Just an idea. Hope Mr Bubbles gets out there soon!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:13 am

I think they would be scared of a paper bag. They're just so skiddish out there. They're even a little bit jumpy even in their cages. Oh, they'll come up and take treats from me and I can pick them up, but not without getting them into the corner of their choosing first. I think giving them an example to follow and some security.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:35 am

I think cloudy days seem safer and sunny days (if there is no cover) seem scarrier.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:35 pm

Monday, April 4th marked the one year anniversary of Oreo making his journey to the rainbow bridge. I still miss him. He wasn't the most social guinea pig when it came to us humans and being held, but he would always come up to greet me with a finger nibble or to get treats. Sometimes he would even let me rub his cheek or the top of his head. Even though he wasn't much of a lap piggie, we had plenty of other fellowship.

I will always remember the day I bought him home. He had no fear of us or his new home. Guinea pigs usually take awhile to get over having new people and an environment they aren't used to, but Oreo took to us right off the bat. He was a good friend and I will always miss him.

I meant to post for him on Monday, but with everything going on, I put it off until it slipped my mind. That tends to happen when you have so many things to deal with all at once.