The 3 (new) little piggies

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:40 pm

Lucky pigs!

I think it was Jim Backus. I loved Mr. Magoo. My dad watched it with me & laughed & laughed.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:53 am

I always liked Lovey, she was so posh. And her real life was similar, she was the daughter of a stock broker so she knew some of the high-brows. She was always vague about her age so no one really knew how old she was. She got dressed up every day and she swam naked in her pool every day right up until she was 90. Before she died told her family friend to print her age in the obituary so everyone would be shocked at how old she was.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:14 am

Such adorable piggies!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:01 am

Went to change the bedding last night and saw the cutest thing. There's a string of apple wood sticks in Oreo's cage for him to chew on. They poke through into Gilligan's and Skipper's cage since they're butted together. Oreo and Gilligan were playing tug of war with them through the cage wires. Skipper was trying to get in on the fun too and when he couldn't, he did his best bucking bronco impression all around the cage. It seems that these three guys like to play together and are happy here with us.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:11 am

So happy they are having fun and have fitted in so fast and are happy!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:01 am

Got the piggies outside for a nice long graze this evening. It was a beautiful one and all seven of the boys got the time to eat their fill. You could see that they were very content afterwards. I used their carriers to get them out there and back in the house. When it was time to go in, they went into the carriers all on their own. It was like they've been kennel trained LOL. Enjoy this picture of Gilligan and the Skipper basking in the waning rays of the evening sun!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:49 am

I think giving our pets the ability to lay in the sun to soak in some rays is very important for their health (vitamin D). My chickens, even on a hot sunny day, will take a few moments to fan their wings and spread out to sunbath on the ground. Longer on cooler days, shorter on hot days.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:08 pm

I agree. It's important for most living things to soak up sunlight. My guinea pigs don't get direct exposure to the sun, but being outside in the shade when it cools off is very good for them and gives them just what they need. Combined with the fresh green , it makes them happy.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:34 pm

Oreo Cookie is two different guinea pigs when he's outside by himself and out with big brother Mr Bubbles. When Mr Bubbles isn't out there with him, he just sits in the corner. When he's with big brother, he eats his fill of grass. It really makes me wonder why Oreo won't pair with another pig.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:02 pm

Skipping back to your kennel trained pigs, I have an amusing story about our first, very smart pig, Chipper. She was out grazing (with us of course) and when she was done she trotted in the direction of the house, right up to the patio door. She waited for us to open it, hopped over the threshold & trotted over to the cage. All with no help or prodding from us.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:53 am

Did the bedding change today since I had my granddaughter here to entertain the piggies while I did it. Gilligan and Skipper are pretty calm while being held once they get over the trauma of getting picked up. Oreo still runs from being picked up and is a little bit squirmy. He didn't do that to Ella while she held him. He settled right down in her lap and was very relaxed. They have some sort of connection I guess. You learn new things about your pigs every day.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:42 pm

I'll bet your granddaughter enjoyed holding them!