Neely and her babies.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:14 pm

Well, I hope he grows out of this stage sooner rather than later!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:23 pm

Pre-teens are the worst. They just get into all kinds of trouble. Change your computer log-in or he’ll be on all kinds of websites where he shouldn’t be!

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:34 am

Haha, Toby's been found out.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:38 pm

Weirdest thing happened this morning. Daughter went down with their breakfast carrot chips & gave them hay. There's usually wheeking, everyone running out and general commotion. Not so this morning. It was like they all just woke up & were groggy. But it looks like, based on poop locations, that they all were in their huts all night which is not typical. We were just about to call for a vet appt.

The older girls got back to normal faster than Neely's family. They all were eating and behaving normally within about 15 min. I can't figure it out. Maybe it's too cold down there, but we've had several nights colder than last night. I turned the heat up a couple of degrees & we'll see.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:58 pm

Mine burrow into their hay if it gets too cold. Skipper hid himself under the hay so well the other day that I thought he'd gotten out of his cage somehow. That would be very bad if it happened for several reasons. It's a 4 and a half foot drop for one. If he survived that intact, there are 3 dogs and 2 cats to contend with. None of the dogs would deliberately try to hurt him, but they all play pretty rough with their toys and each other. The cats are both mousers and might mistake a guinea pig on the floor for a big rat and hunt it.

Anyway, my point is that my pigs slow down quite a bit and burrow into their hay or ball up in their hideys if the room temperature drops too low.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:56 pm

Groggy?

So, Bookfan, you were late with their coffee you say?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:54 am

Ha, ha! One of our pigs a long time ago did take a taste of my coffee.

Interesting, Renonvsparky. I bet it was the cold.

On another note, we have a chirper. Wendy's the main chirper, others have tried it. The first time was at 2:00 am and she woke all of us up. One daughter went down to check on things and held her. She didn't seem at all distressed. She tends to chirp from the top of a hut and doesn't necessarily stop when we come down.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:16 pm

Always such a mysterious activity! The kind of thing that encourages your imagination to fly!