Gidget

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:10 pm

She's adorable!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:00 am

Gidget hit a weight milestone - she was 706 grams when I weighed her this morning. But at the same time, she's decided the only pellets she likes are the young pig pellets. I have them mixed with her adult pellets, 20% young and 80% adult. So I find a pile of pellets on the floor by her pellet cup and she's been sorting through them. I tried mixing finely-grated carrot with them but she literally licked the carrot bits off and left the pellets. So now I mushed up the pellets, added the carrot, and she's eating the mush. I hope she gets used to the taste of the adult pellets so I don't have to keep doing this. I had similar problems with her vitamin C wafers and I ended up mushing carrot and cucumber on them so she'd at least taste them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:13 pm

Ha! I wish having to be devious to get the right food into her was not so much work!

p.s. I watched your little video clip of Gidget and her blanket fort again. I have to say, she is sooo FAST! Had to prop my eyelids open so I could try to catch the blur ;-)

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:49 am

She is quick. And her pigloo has another exit but she loves those hairpin turns.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:03 am

I suppose it never hurts to be prepared for the Pig Olympics!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:10 pm

Piggy luge!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:35 am

Gidget made it to 750 grams this week. I bought some Garden Select pellets and she liked them at first, but you know how that goes. Instead of mixing them all together, I may alternate every other day and see what she does.

Here’s the latest video of her zooming around the cage and jumping over the hay pile.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CajFALPlS ... =copy_link

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:38 am

OK I am exhausted after watching that. I need to lie down, too much energy! Did you put Mexican jumping beans in her food? Whoa, One crazy cute piggy! Who needs TV! Just watch her all day! Very sweet but crazy!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:40 am

She is a charmer! All that exercise is SO GOOD FOR HER!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:50 am

She certainly clears that hay pile with ease!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:44 pm

She does this several times a day. She’s a jumper and a climber. She loves to jump up on those shelves and look around. When I hold her she stares me down, then climbs right up the front of my shirt. She should be wearing a cape.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:51 pm

Zoomies! So precious. :)