WindeSpirit.com-Original Cage Blankets-Igloos-Tunnels-&

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:37 pm

The Original Cage Blankets & More is dedicated to giving comforts to Guinea Pigs, Cavy Slaves and others since 2003.
www.WindeSpirit.com

Products come along that are great, but not always in fabrics, designs, or sizes that is best for your loved ones needs. And while one product is good for the others, some may need accommodating to get it to work for you or something entirely different. That is where I can help, designing something just for your needs or just simply making something larger/smaller. Long hair, wetness problems, skinny pigs, walking difficulties, overheating, no matter the problem, I enjoy a challenge to customize to your needs at very reasonable prices that are often unmatched.

A few items in the product line includes, Cage Blankets, (Cozy) Pockets & Corner Pockets, Tunnels, Tents, Pads, Quilkets, Chiller/Warmer Bags, Pillow Pockets, Igloo's and more . Fleece Guinea Pigs are also available. With a wide variety of products to choose from, we are always looking for another original way to help all our family members be comfy.

While our family has evolved, each member (we call The Paw Crew) does help in the way things are made. It's a hard life of fun and lounging being part of The Paw Crew ensuring items are made safe as possible for Guinea Pigs different needs. You can meet The Paw Crew on their pages and find out their roles in how they help at
www.windespirit.com/stars.htm

One more important fact, each item sold at regular price benefits a Rescue/Sanctuary. Any item that may be excluded is noted, such as Child's Play items made only during summer months.

We’d like to give a Huge Thank You to all that has helped us past and future, with a Special Thanks to Guinea Lynx and Kleenmama’s Hay Loft.

A few piggies like to show how things are used

Softy Hay Rack

Corner Pocket

Embroidery is offered as well

One thing I hear a lot is, "I wasn't asked to pay when I ordered." The Order Form page is very basic and many wonder why this happens. This is done for various reasons so rest assure, there is nothing you did wrong after an order is submitted and see the confirmation page. You will be contacted after your order is reviewed.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:49 pm

A few things that are on site now and ready to send. Click the picture to be taken to it's page.

Igloo

Corner Pocket

Piggie Pocket

Lounger Bed
ImageImage

Cheers!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Looking at your pictures does this mean you no longer make the little canopy? Lady Bug just loves hers when the weather is hot. It gives her her "cave" feeling but still lots of air.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Oh, the corner pocket is really cute. It makes a piggy sandwich!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:09 pm

I agree Snowflakey. Make the piggy look like a pita sandwich.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Those are really cute.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:12 pm

And they hold up well.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:37 pm

We love Windespirit's tunnels!

Becky, I have been meaning to send you updated pictures of the new tunnels with the piggies' new ensembles. They are absolutely perfect and match wonderfully. I need to order two more for the girls to have a change out from you soon.

Here are some of the new pictures.
This is the herd's cage...

Spencer and Hopkins' cage with their tunnel.

And Dudley modeling with his new tunnel.

Hopkins is one of your biggest fans.

Thank you for always working with me. I know I am not the easiest customer in the world :P I appreciate you taking the time to help me make my piggies' homes as cozy as possible.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:38 am

I too sometimes put in special requests and reap the rewards of Windespirit's expertise. I bought a lot of fleece at one point and was going to sew it but then decided that I had no time to do so. I sent the fabric to WS and ended up with lots of pads that are well loved by the pigs here. From the looks of the photos it looks like the special-needs pigs get first dibs on them. Below are some satisfied customers who enjoyed their fleece pads and tunnel as much as I do.

Reba

Rosie

Jasmine

Prescious

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:59 am

Bugs Mom - the canopy's are not available right now. I'm slowing trying to improve their design and quicker construction on them. 7-8 hours to make one was just a bit much! The Igloo's may actually turn out to be a new layout of Canopy's and have 3 open sides instead of 4, but we shall see.

Piggy sandwiches, hehe, just add some lettuce and veggies for a perfect afternoon snack! (for the piggy that is). I was thinking the other night a way to have fun. Put one in each corner and play piggie pool. To play is to guess which pig went to which corner pocket when something is going to happen you know will make them run and hide, like when door bell rings or the dog barks. It's a slight entertainment anyhow.

Thank You Marsha! As always I am in aww of your babies and their tidyness ;) I'm happy I could help you and the piggies enjoy other comforts. It is a hard life being a piggie after all. Now Hopkins and Spencer, you know you are encouraged to come live with us, and you could have as many tunnels as you like. The last one is so cute with his paws just so. Dudley looks like he's stating he's claimed that tunnel as his! I love the herds green and frogs theme.

GuineaPigFun - I sit here and smile and remember some of the conversations we had. Did Rosie ever find another spot she liked to lay in? It was a great joy to hear how she took to the tunnel. Jasmine, such a pretty lady, I'm sure you still miss her greatly. Thank you for sharing.

RavenShade - Funny you say that, I was just looking at a picture of your tunnel yesterday when I put a hard cover book on it. How's the bed doing? Still bringing some luck I hope.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:19 am

Did Rosie ever find another spot she liked to lay in? It was a great joy to hear how she took to the tunnel.
Nope ... the spot of choice was: tunnel or tunnel or tunnel. ;) BTW, did you get my order request that I sent in this weekend? I don't see them "sold" on your website? (tunnels and a corner pocket) Let me know; I'll resend the email in case it didn't arrive. Thanks.

ctrteresa

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:33 am

Weaver, How in the world did you do that froggie set up? That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I have absolutely no talent whatsoever when it comes to "decorating." Don't the piggies eat the stuffed animals? What about that little cat toy? Don't they chew on that and eat the plastic? What size C&C is that? Will you come to my house and make one for me? OK. Maybe not.