Biden // Harris => What a team!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:57 pm

He cannot easily be removed. It's not a "fire-able" job, though I sure as heck wish it were!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:37 pm

With all the recent news about USPS struggling, the union complaints, and members of Congress calling for reform, I think DeJoy should be cleaning out his desk. I can’t imagine he’ll be around long.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:47 pm

This article goes into why we may be stuck with him for a while (board of governors appoints him, board was bare when trump took office because repubs would not put any of Obama's nominees in, leading to 6 partisan republicans nominating dejoy).
https://slate.com/business/2020/12/louis-dejoy-postmaster-general-biden-postal-service.html

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:27 am

"board was bare when trump took office because repubs would not put any of Obama's nominees in"

That sounds familiar.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:47 pm

He's horrible. But that would explain why mail is tracking all over the place and not being transported in a more direct way. Christmas laid bare some of the holes.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:11 pm

The repubs have been trying to kill the post office for years. Privatization is the way to make money off it :-(

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:21 pm

DeJoy has large investments in a shipping company that contracts with USPS. He also has large investments in Amazon. According to my hair stylist who also works at the post office sorting mail, Amazon has a contract with USPS for a flat postage rate of $1.90 per package. There is also a Sunday delivery contract. Amazon pays the $1.90 postage plus the carrier’s payroll, which is usually overtime at time and a half, when packages are delivered on Sunday. So it’s beneficial to delay package delivery during the week and let Amazon pay for Sunday overtime.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:05 pm

My mom told me she mailed a card for me a week ago. From one state over. It's causing a lot of problems for people like her who rely on paper billing and payments timely.

128 posts