Georgia Rocks! Congrats to its two new Senators!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:29 pm

Yesterday in an historic election, Reverend Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff won runoff elections in Georgia, a state I admire greatly for the wonderful people who have worked to make this happen!

This is in the shadow of trumps incitement of violence in our capital as armed protesters broke into the capital. From what I understand, the Representatives and Senators who evacuated have returned and will hopefully certify Joe Biden as winner of the 2020 election.

Having Mr. Biden as president can't come soon enough!

lisam

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:07 pm

I can't wait to hear that they've reconvened and certified President-Elect Biden! And wonderful, wonderful news about Warnock and Ossoff.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:01 pm

I'm watching it now. The Senate blew out the Arizona objection, 93-6, so there's no hope of any of the rest of them. You've just got glory hogs like Cruz and Hawley grandstanding and taking up time.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:08 pm

I've been watching too but it is getting late. They feel it is VERY IMPORTANT to get Biden certified tonight.

There is also talk of invoking the 25th amendment and getting trump out of office - he is a danger to us all. Some of his staff are resigning. trump's combination of anger and insanity is scary.

Traudl64

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:12 am

I so much hope that an era of peace and security will now begin for the United States. I hope that vaccination will make the pandemic manageable in the United States and anywhere in the world. i hope . the american people will have a good time with the new president

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:33 pm

Thanks, Traudl64, for your good wishes. I have read that many Europeans and especially Germans saw trump for what he was right at the start (as I did). I also have seen tweets expressing appreciation for Canadians bearing with us (US) for these awful 4 years and extend my own thanks to our GL neighbors. <3

We've got 2 weeks to go. Fingers crossed we'll get there without anything else bad happening. Biden will be a calm, evenhanded, very experienced pres. who will hopefully be able to get up to speed on handling the pandemic.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:10 pm

Ditto to all your hopes and wishes.

Biden appears to be fervently working on a sound distribution plan - something the trump administration never did.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:23 pm

The CDC is a mess that Biden/Harris will have to clean up. Too many Trump appointees who were actually trying to get people exposed to this virus for their “herd immunity” experiment. They don’t have enough vaccines so now they want to administer only one vaccination per person which will only give partial immunity and will probably be insufficient protection.

My friend at the hospital call center is so frustrated with all of this as well as the vaccination schedule. The clinics have numbered vaccines that they assign to clients. The client is scheduled for a specific date and time. If the client doesn’t show, the vaccine is destroyed. I couldn’t believe it when she told me this. How could they not have a waiting list so another client can get vaccinated? I swear they couldn’t organize a pot luck lunch much less mass vaccinations.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:44 pm

Destroyed? Holy cow. Who came up with that horrible idea?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:54 pm

That is indeed crazy! I believe Biden has stated his plan is to get as many people vaccinated as possible, following up with the second later. Not saving vaccines for the second dose but giving out all the doses that are received. This makes plenty of sense for me.

10 posts • Page 1 of 1