Support for Ukraine

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:31 pm

I have been trying to find reputable programs to donate to, in support of the Ukraine against the Russian invasion. NPR has several listings:
https://www.npr.org/2022/02/25/1082992947/ukraine-support-help

Any thoughts on these initiatives or others?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:06 pm

Looks like NPR has assembled some excellent programs. I have been following things as well as I can but know accurate information is hard to get out.

I hope this ends quickly; I hope Ukraine comes back stronger than ever.

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:28 am

World Central Kitchen - an absolutely incredible organization. They have already set up meal kitchens at the Ukraine/Poland border where refugees are flooding in.

Check out their FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/WorldCentralKitchen/

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:41 pm

They are indeed a wonderful organization. Food is so basic, always, always, vitally important.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:00 pm

I hope these organizations can help. It doesn't feel like enough. This whole thing is so terrible, and I have so much respect and admiration for the Ukrainian people. They truly are an inspiration. Makes me even more embarrassed to be an American, where its people couldn't even wear a stupid little mask because it was "so unfair" and so freakin' hard.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:42 am

Ditto!

Thanks for the links to charitable orgs.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:49 pm

I just saw an article about World Central Kitchen in WaPo.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:57 pm

I know Doctors Without Borders listed on the NPR site has an excellent reputation. They even won the Nobel Peace Prize one year.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:49 pm

Yeah, I've given them money in the past and am giving $10/month (because I wanted their black masks).

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:43 pm

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:41 pm

I just went grocery shopping & the store has posted the option to donate to World Central Kitchen along with your grocery payment. What a great idea.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:37 pm

Absolutely great suggestion for a donation. They do so much. People need to eat!

12 posts • Page 1 of 1