Guido's Medical Topic

GuinessOllie

Post   » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:57 pm

Hello Guinea Piggy Family , haven’t been here in awhile the piggy I had when I joined this group unfortunately passed away . I have new piggy named Guido . He’s about year old . I don’t know if this should be in medical but while I was cleaning his sac with coconut oil I found this tongue looking thing on his hand . I thought it was poop but it didn’t come off . When I tried to pull it he pulled his hand away from me but he wasn’t screaming or in pain when I was touching it . Has anyone experienced this tongue looking thing ?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:39 pm

There's no picture to see, but generally one thinks of spurs when something is growing on a paw. Take a look and see if this might be it: https://guinealynx.info/feet.html#spurs

GuinessOllie

Post   » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:04 pm

Yes it looks like it . He bit it off , another note his testicles hasn’t dropped . Should I be concerned , I know my piggy isn’t female because he has a penis that sticks out when I clean his boar glue

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:48 pm

You posted elsewhere and got an answer.

Please note that it is important if you have a medical question, to keep all questions together on the medical topic you start on that guinea pig. It is VERY difficult to tie together various conditions or a history if you keep starting new topics in the medical forum.

I retitled your topic. Please use this topic for any medical issues you post here about Guido.