Grace's medical thread

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:09 pm

It's pretty much standard treatment for elongated roots. It just has several names -- filing the teeth, planing the molars, grinding the molars, etc. It's certainly nothing new.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:14 pm

Years ago I remember Pinta describing how Dr. Legendre treated elongated roots and it was as ItsaZoo described it. Less pressure on the teeth when chewing so the elongated roots are not so painfully forced into the socket. In some cases, the root, I believe, applies pressure to the eye cavity.

It is hard to believe that we have been here for 20 years.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:31 pm

I'm so sorry about Grace. She was a lovely girl.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:28 pm

Thanks Tracis. She was indeed a lovely girl.

Over the last year Grace has had a lot of health problems and since my daughter has been working from home, she would bring her up in a litter box several times a day and put Grace next to her desk. Part of the box was covered with a towel & she had soft mats, hay, pellets & a syringe propped in the corner. She loved it. When she wanted a drink she'd look at the corner with the syringe, daughter had a glass of water handy for filling it & Grace would happily take some "sips". She was a good pig-to-human communicator, especially when the human was my daughter.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:02 pm

That is sweet. There is something so wonderful about how we can connect to animals. Some pets bring such joy and caring.