Eye ulcer snd vet visit

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:11 pm

She looks to have gained just over half an ounce, which is not substantial, but far better than losing weight. From the sound of it, she's doing well and you're doing the right things. My experience with adult pigs is that they lose weight when sick far quicker than they gain it back once they get well. Sometimes they don't gain it all back. Scruffy was around 3 pounds when he got sick and barely got over 2 lbs and stayed there for the rest of his life (which was shortened by his illness).

sozansound2

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:14 pm

thing is i am concerned is she has pooped the first day she came from the operation but i have not seen poop were she usually lays at ever since. her belly is distended but i thought maybe it was inflammation from the bladder.

i was using a white towel but once she started biting it, i layed a blue fleece on top so she would stop.

sozansound2

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:43 pm

wow this is crazy. looks like she started getting a taste for the probiotic powder i sprinkle on her veggies and the second she taste it, she wants nothing to do with that piece unless i brought another. i am seeing signs she is rejecting her veggies. guess it is time to do hardcore force feed. wish it didnt have to come to this

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:02 pm

thing is i am concerned is she has pooped the first day she came from the operation but i have not seen poop were she usually lays at ever since. her belly is distended but i thought maybe it was inflammation from the bladder.

Do you see poops at all during the day? Is she on any motility drugs? I don't remember if we talked on this topic about how they can eat all their poops but when you say her stomach is distended, if poop is not at all moving through and being seen or ingested, you want to get things moving.

sozansound2

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:07 pm

motility as in metoclopramide?

and no, i looked around her cage as i cleaned were i had place hay (it was a good amount of it to encourage scavenging) and i only saw a few old dried up poop.

i have not seen her eat them. she probably goes out of her hut 3 times a day. majority of it is spent in her hut with the warm water bottle.

the day she came back from her operation and the following day after that i have seen her pee and poop as well. after that i have not been able to find an angle to see her pee/poop but the poop is something not around as often as it should be.

Feeding update: this morning i gave her 6 cc of critical care and all her meds with 3 syringe of water to start her off. she did eat veggies this morning.

right now, i gave her 10 cc of critical care and 1 syringe of water once i started seeing her not want her veggies (ate like 2% of it). i did mix the probiotic with the critical care batch. still have some left for tonight with it.

later, i will give another 10 cc of critical care plus her meds with 3 syringe of water to end the night. tomorrow i will increase more critical care cc since i had to prepare and fix my snowplower all day for tomorrows historic blizzard here. my body is destroyed

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:49 pm

Your hand feeding and managing of pain is so important. I hope she can get past this difficult part and begin healing.

sozansound2

Post   » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:52 pm

should i be giving her metoclopramide?

and i will try my best no matter how much war declarations she threatens me.

i have been keeping tabs on her incisions once every single day. i took pictures of them everyday for records. right now, it looks flaky which i assume is the healing process i think.

sozansound2

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:43 am

I made the mistake of taking the booster shot and I started getting aches, fever and headache.

I gave her the 3 water syringe, the 2 meds and 3 syringe of critical care. That was all I could muster from the 10 I was gonna originally do. She didn't help since I think she felt my fingers allot more weaker than usual so she was hell.

Tomorrow is not gonna be fun.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:20 am

I feel your pain. No booster or vaccine for me, but there's a 24 hour flu bug that swept through our house and it had us all under the weather. All better now, but I still had to clean cages and to top that off, my special boy, Mr Bubbles had a small relapse with his eye so I had to clean, flush and put his eye ointment in. Luckily, he's otherwise healthy and doesn't require hand feeding.

You can get through this. I can sense your resolve and your desire to give her the best care you possibly can. You've already done so much for her. I know she's worth the time and effort you've giving her. We are all with you and rooting for you both. Keep up the good work.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:28 am

You need to call your vet this morning and ask about giving her the Metoclopramide. If she isn't pooping, this is not good at all. Her gut needs to move.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:46 am

ETA to the above: Is she still very distended?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:40 am

[Edit - I posted this before reading Sef's posts which more clearly advise you to talk to the vet asap]

Explain the distended stomach and lack of poop situation to the vet and if advised, I would give it.

There is a picture of my guinea pig's healing incision on this page. At the time I was fearful of handling her too much after the spay so only took pictures later in her recovery.
https://www.guinealynx.info/spay.html

Tomorrow (today) will be better! And you absolutely did the right thing getting the booster shot.