Emma's Medical Thread

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:54 pm

I'm so sorry.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:01 am

I’m so sorry Bookfan, you have my sympathy.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:21 pm

Thanks all.

We've already adopted a new pig. Daughter felt sort of guilty like we're disrespecting Emma. But we're just giving a pig a home - it doesn't change how we felt about Emma. It softens the loss a bit to take a new pig in to focus on.

New pig doesn't have a name yet. We found her on pet finder. The pig my daughter really wanted was at HSMO but is on pregnancy watch. New girl is from some organization that rescues old dogs. The owner (foster more likely) just gave email & met my daughter for the switch off (we gave a donation which was requested).

It's pretty obvious the owner doesn't know much about pigs - gave her water in a dish. Daughter got no history - now I'm worrying about possible pregnancy. There's no reason to think she is, but who knows what her history is. Gah!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:29 pm

I hope all goes well with your new guinea pig. I am sure Emma would approve.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:04 am

I'm so glad a little homeless guinea pig is getting a good home with you, Bookfan. I completely understand how another pet will help ease the loss of Emma. That's how I ended up getting Lacey - we lost our sweet old dog who was my little shadow and the house was just too empty. I was looking at available dogs at the humane society, and took a walk through the small animal room. Lacey, who was named Snow White at the time, came out to sniff and see who I was. The next day I was there when they opened and I adopted her.

You'll have to post pictures of the newbie - how exciting!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:09 am

Snow White! *chuckle*

"The next day I was there when they opened" Been there, done that. That's when you know you're really hooked. But then, we've been really hooked on all our piggies.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:03 am

I had to change her name from Snow White - she had two babies in foster care. I thought of Mae West when she said, “I used to be Snow White, but I drifted!”

Yes, I was hooked from the beginning.