please vote for Trixie

Tracy

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Hello friends. I've entered a guinea pig photo into a local contest here in Philadelphia, where the top 12 animals will appear in a calendar and top 3 will end up painted on a large multi-pet mural at the sponsoring animal shelter. I'm trying to spread the word that critters other than cats and dogs need loving homes, too (few Philly shelters have guinea pigs, it seems).

You won't read this in her "bio" online, but she was a sweet, cheerful piggy throughout our years together and until her last hour (died from a huge mass on her heart, diagnosed a month before her 6th birthday; she lived 2 months beyond 6 years). Each vote is a $1 donation to the shelter, and voting ends Sept 30. Thanks in advance if you decide to support my little cutie and this cause.

Here's link to cast some votes: https://www.gogophotocontest.com/morris ... ies/323584

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:25 pm

She was a sweetie. Sorry she is gone. Good luck getting a guinea pig in the calendar!

Tracy

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:04 pm

Thanks, Lynx. I'm a late entry, but still 2 weeks to go for voting.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:10 am

Voted! Hope you win!

Tracy

Post   » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:05 pm

Thanks so much! I appreciate it. Want our little furry friends to be represented.

Tracy

Post   » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:02 pm

At one point Trixie was #6 in the votes. Currently she's down at #20, about $450 behind 12th place. So she will likely not appear in the calendar unless lots of dollars are donated. BUT, she was featured with a Facebook post from the shelter as first small critter in the contest (I think ever), and probably while she was in top 12 voters may have noticed a photo that's not a cat or dog... learning shelters sometimes have other species.

We also raised more than $300 for the shelter, which is a good cause for pets to find loving homes and provides care for surrendered animals until their Gotcha Day. My thanks to any folks here who contributed; I appreciate the support.