Curiosity

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2002 9:33 am

Stacy I´ve always heard the saying, "Curiosity killed the cat, " but it seems that my three-month-old piggy is even more curious than my cat. I recently redecorated the room he plays in, and he just had to investigate all of the new items. However, he would not just run up to them. He moved slowly and cautiously and looked like a worm instead of a pig. He seemed to squirm, dragging his belly close to the ground and stretching himself out as far as possible. He approached my Christmas Santa, then backed off, then approached again. He continued this until he finally got the nerve to squirm his way up to the Santa. He smelled him and then backed away. Finally he crawled under the Santa, causing it to tumble to the ground. He ran like a flash of lightening to the other side of the room, then turned around and looked at the Santa. The expression on his face was priceless and seemed to say, "How dare you fall on me! You´re a big, bad, red, scary man!" A minute later though, he was back over by the Santa investigating him all over again!

It is amazing to watch piggies investigate the world. Cats have nothing on guinea pigs in terms of curiosity.

Alfie That´s such a cute image, Stacy - the poor little thing wouldn´t have known what hit him when Santa took a tumble!

Lynx That´s a great story. I notice that any time I put something different in the room, they go check it out. I think they believe it is their room and would probably boldly go where yours used caution. Only one of my pigs is a cautious pig and she sometimes gets very nervous over the craziest things.

cavytopia

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:34 pm

My normally timid Tiny (as opposed to the bold explorer Squeaky) really surprised us this Christmas as everytime we let them out for playtime in the family room, he would head toward the Christmas tree! He loved to sniff around it and hide under it. Once when we were trying to keep him away from the tree he jumped (yes, jumped!) over the bottom bar of my exercise bike (which I should use more) in order to head to the Christmas tree. Strangely enough, Squeaky didn´t go near the tree! These piggies are a constant surprise!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:13 am

That would be Steve. Hmmm...what is that? Sniff. Sniff. Nibble.

Max would have just bashed it - BAM! and Jules would just run by it.