Anyone Order from Small Pet Select Lately?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed May 06, 2020 9:10 am

I received a shipment of hay a couple of days ago; it's 2nd cutting timothy. I don't normally order SPS, but Rabbit Hole was out of stock on Chewy.com and Rabbit Hole company tends to be slow in getting here. This arrived fairly quickly and the hay looks great, but I was a little surprised to find that SPS had shipped the hay in the original hay box -- no outer cardboard box, and no protective plastic bag inside. I let the box sit in the garage for a couple of days and then, this morning, carefully transferred the hay from the SPS box to my now-empty Rabbit Hole hay box/bag. Has SPS always shipped it this way? It has been a few years since I bought from them. Feel like they should be taking extra precautions to protect the hay right now, but maybe I'm over-thinking it?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed May 06, 2020 9:59 am

We've been getting SPS hay for several months & the hay boxes have been arriving inside of a bigger outer cardboard box & no plastic bags. I wouldn't be too worried about covid so long as I let sit as you did. But I would think there should always be an outer box to protect the inner box from damage.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Fri May 08, 2020 9:13 am

I've ordered the 20 lb box from them for a few years, and it has always arrived like that - one box, just hay, no plastic.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri May 08, 2020 11:55 am

I could be misremembering. This time we got 2 smaller boxes inside a larger one. But I think when I've ordered larger amounts it's come just in a box.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:10 am

Now I'm irked. After complaining to SPS about the lack of an outer box last time, and after they wrote back and offered to double-box my next shipment, my latest box of SPS hay arrived in a single box (again) with no additional packaging. When I emailed them this morning to mention it (again), they responded back, "We're sorry, but our warehouse can't attend to special requests at this time." What? They're the ones who offered to double-box my next shipment. Why offer if they can't do it?

I guess I'm back to Rabbit Hole Hay, despite the last batch being very brown.