Noisy Pig - I'm going crazy

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:37 pm

Oh yes, a cuddly toy! Some guinea pigs really like them!

And then there are those guinea pigs who like to have something/someone to beat up on ;-)

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:59 pm

Ha! I could see her much more inclined to beating up a toy than loving on it.

In an ideal world she would have a cage mate, but I have to break the cycle. I got Clementine on a whim in 2009. I adopted Odette for her to have a friend a few months later. Then came Indiana a few years later because she was disabled and needed an experienced owner. When Odette died I adopted Bambi to keep a trio so no one would be alone. Clementine died and left Bambi and Indiana. When Indiana died I got Piper for Bambi. Now Bambi has died and it’s 12.5 years after I first got a pig on a whim and I have developed worse allergies and just want a break from the responsibility.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:20 am

There's nothing wrong with that. People thin their herds or get out of pet ownership by attrition all the time. They also rehome them. You have decided to keep her and that's ok. As long as Piper is getting the care and attention she needs and deserves while living her life, you aren't doing anything wrong. I can respect what you are doing.

What I couldn't respect would be you ignoring her, not caring for her, ditching or dumping her off on someone who won't give her a good home. Clearly that isn't the case with you. Obviously you care about her and want to make sure she has a good life in a good home.