Opinion please

RubySimon

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:31 am

I have not left the state since December 2019. I have friends and family that I would dearly love to go see. My husband is willing to care for all the animals as he did before. Due to some issues here, some of the animals are more work than they were a few years ago. I am trying to cut down on the amount of work and streamline a few things for him. I rarely ever feed my pigs and rabbit spinach. I spend probably 35 minutes a day preparing their salads. Everyone has different tastes. But they all LOVE spring mix. My question is that for the four days I will be gone, would it be really bad to just have my husband grab handfuls of spring mix instead of doing all the sorting that I do? I could slice up the peppers and the stingy amount of carrots I dole out and he could just put it together in less than 5 minutes. He can probably pull out some of the spinach, and either eat it or feed it to the ducks. But I bet he will miss some. Some of the packages have only a little spinach, but others I have bought are really full of it.

I am guessing for a few days this won't be bad. No one has bladder issues. But I am such a worrier, that I just wondered what others thought.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:32 pm

I am guessing your plan will work fine. Let's see what everyone else says!

RubySimon

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:47 pm

Thanks Lynx. I figured for such a short time it should be ok. But never hurts to ask.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:44 pm

I would think spring mix should be fine for 4 days. You could also do what I used to do when I hired a pet sitter. I would prepare their meals ahead of time and leave them in separate storage containers. So for example, I would have 8 storage containers: 4 containers marked for breakfast and 4 containers marked for dinner.

RubySimon

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:44 am

I tried that once Catie Cavy. The some of the veggies got a little yucky. I wash all my vegs and then salad spinner them, but they never get totally dry. I don't have to wash the spring mix. It is organic and prewashed. But thanks, if I figure a new way to do it, I will!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:13 pm

I really do like the pre-washed greens. Does make life much easier! If there is something special you want to add, it might still work to have that cut up and ready to go (like your stingy carrot bits).

RubySimon

Post   » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:25 am

Thanks Lynx. I think that I just can't go until the foster piggies are gone. In my other thread I mentioned how one of them bit me the other day. Not reasonable to expect someone else to care for them. I committed, I should follow through.