Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:21 am

Very sweet.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:23 am

Just a few more days and I'll be with my little buddy again. Can't wait to see him.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:27 am

I'm glad you have such a strong bond with your guinea pigs!

I dare say, they will be happy to see you again too.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:34 pm

I video called my daughter and they all got excited when they heard my voice. It was so adorable.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:26 pm

It certainly does warm the cockles! I recall once, only once, one or two of the chickens half flying, calling out to me when I returned from a vacation!

I don't recall any of the current chickens being so happy to see me.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:33 am

We came really close to getting stranded by winter weather in Wyoming. Made it to Laramie before stopping for the night. It doesn't look like the roads will close tomorrow, so we should be able to get through. There's a stretch between Laramie and Rawlins that has wind advisory for 60+mph gusts, but my truck doesn't fall under the light high profile vehicle category. I just have to slow down and be careful. The roads are clear all the way home after that.

I will see my boys tomorrow!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:14 pm

I hope you make it back without problems!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Safe travels!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:44 am

Made it home safely. All 3 of the boys were very happy to see me. I held each one for a while. Mr Bubbles got mad and tossed his cage after I put him back. Another few minutes of lap time and a handful of hay made him happy again. Do you think he missed me?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:16 am

We always hope they do! They are all such great guinea pigs and have a real bond with you.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:03 pm

No shortage of love and attention for Mr Bubbles since Barry Jenkins has joined the herd. He never fails to come to the door and demand his attention. There's no way on Earth that I can ignore him! He gets his finger nibbles, petting and a hug in each and every time. Sammy and Dean also; minus the hug since they aren't as much about that as Mr Bubbles is. Still, they're aware that the herd is increased by one. All 3 seem to be ok with it.

I am always worried about making sure each piggie gets the same love and attention. There's no such thing as a short visit to my boys.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:50 pm

Cage nibble for attention https://imgur.com/gallery/RsrRfl9

Found this old video of Scruffy nibbling on his cage for attention. Mr Bubbles and Sammy both still do this. Looks like he taught them well! I still miss my Scruffer.