Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:02 am

Oh, he is adorable! What a handsome profile!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 am

https://imgur.com/gallery/sX02eWX

Mr Bubbles follows me as I walk around the floor pen. He used to just sit there and not move around much. Between this and spreading small amounts of grass or other treats around the pen for him, I've gotten him interested in running around more. It has helped tremendously with his weight and ability to clean his hind end. He's holding steady at about 2.8 lbs and has been very healthy.

He's the most outgoing of all my boys now that Scruffy is gone. When I open his cage, lean in and reach for him, he jumps into my arms and runs up under my chin to snuggle. I've been thinking about Scruffy a lot since this coronavirus quarantine thing started. I think Mr Bubbles can sense it. He has started doing that same stretch, yawn and quiver thing that Scruffy used to do. Between that and his nibbling on the cage wires, it helps me miss Scruffy just a little bit less.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:48 am

Mr Bubbles! I have tried putting his hay in a hopper to keep it from getting all over the fleece, but he prefers to lay in it. He'll lay there and eat it. Afterwards he pushes his house over it so he can sleep on it and have the comfort and security of his house at the same time. It makes cleaning the fleece harder for me, and I have to change his bedding more often but he's more than worth the extra effort.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:14 am

He's a cutie!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:33 am

I love that little splotch of color on his head.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:47 am

It's a whirl too. Mr Bubbles is my little man.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:05 pm

Mr Bubbles wants grass and BJ wants Mr Bubbles. It's nice out and this made me think of Scruffy and how much he used to love going outside. I miss him still. I know he's up there grazing on the endless supply of heavenly grass with all of the other guinea pigs who are special to us and have moved on.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:07 am

Cleaning up and going through some old paperwork and found the papers from Petco on Mr Bubbles. He was born around the middle of September, 2016. So he was about 5 weeks old when we got him. It's hard to believe he's going to be 4 years old this year! My how the time flies! It's different with him because while it seems like a short time, we've gotten the most out of being in each other's lives.

It was such a beautiful day today and I was able to get him outside (in the shade of course) for a nice long graze. He was so content that he didn't even complain when I brought him inside. The others all got their turn for quality time as well. When I put Sammy and Dean back after their time outside, it gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling to see him curled up in his house and sleeping peacefully.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:45 am

Such lucky piggies! I've been picking some grass for mine, but it's still chilly here so there isn't much around. The dandelions are coming up but I only give her a leaf every few days since they're high in calcium.

However, she keeps an eye on me when I come in from outside and she starts wheeking hoping for some grass.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:07 am

My grass is getting very thick and green. I use scissors to cut enough to give all 4 piggies their fill or have them out there to eat their fill or a combination of the two if I can't have them out for very long and I haven't put a dent in it yet. I've been watering it well and they are happily reaping the benefits.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri May 01, 2020 8:08 pm

Scruffy's wildflowers sprouted today. Can't wait to see how pretty they get! I still miss him so much.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri May 01, 2020 9:49 pm

Do you know what varieties they will be? I think it will be a wonderful tribute to Scruffy.