Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun May 03, 2020 12:04 am

The seeds are the ones they gave me with his urn. It is a mixture of Lemon Mint, Black Eyed Susan, Clasping Coneflowers, Plains Coreopsis, Red Corn Poppy, Catchfly, Toadflax and Sweet Alyssum. That's the ones listed on the flyer they gave me. I won't be able to tell which is which. I'm just happy they're growing.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun May 03, 2020 7:08 am

I hope you get to see them all bloom!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun May 03, 2020 10:08 am

What a nice idea to give them to you with his urn.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon May 04, 2020 5:08 am

I googled each of the types of wildflowers and every one of them is beautiful. I've seen pretty much all of them in the wild at some point except for the Lemon Mint. Should make a very pretty mixture of flowers. I put them into two window planters so I can take them with me if I end up moving.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon May 25, 2020 5:14 am

Look at how Mr Bubbles curls up to sleep. He looks so peaceful that I feel bad when I disturb him. This was about half an hour after a nice long graze outside.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 25, 2020 12:36 pm

It's nice to have a guinea pig that really knows how to deep sleep!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon May 25, 2020 4:46 pm

It really is. If I had a favorite among my piggies, it would be Mr Bubbles. He's our first one and he's my little buddy!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue May 26, 2020 11:46 pm

Mr Bubbles had a long graze. On top of that, he had the task of teaching Oreo the ins and outs of grazing on fresh grass and watching over him. Now he's ready to go take himself a nap. Great job, Mr Bubbles!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:24 am

Wow! Look at Scruffy's wildflowers! I almost lost them during the cold snap last week, but I was able to get them inside where it was warm. I put them in the window so they could get the warmth and light from the sun. It's nice out again, so they're back outside and doing well. I'm glad I planted them in those pots instead of the ground.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:46 pm

Looks like alyssom. Mr. Bubbles is adorable and a good teacher too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:44 pm

Last evening my daughter put nasturtium flowers in the salad. They were very tasty!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:17 am

I love nasturtium flowers in salad - they're so pretty and add a little peppery taste. Mine are coming up, but the chippies dig them up every once in a while so they can bury seeds.

Scruffy is lucky to have all those wildflowers. I planted leaf lettuce but it's taking its time getting large enough to harvest.