Anyone Ordered from KMS Lately?

tiggyswift

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:53 pm

I’ve been ordering from them for years and Dan seems like he is doing his best. I admit the quality isn’t as great as it was with Linda though. The pellets are bigger and the 3rd cut Timothy hay is dustier than it used to be. All 7 of my pigs started refusing their pellets so I’ve tried different brands but they still refuse them. I thought maybe KM’s changed their recipe but I guess that’s not it. They eat loads of hay and get their veggies daily so I’m not overly worried but it’s weird both my boys and girls started refusing pellets around the same time. I am thinking of switching suppliers.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:03 am

What the heck is going on at KMS? The area guinea pig rescue contacted me last week to say that they ordered a bag of KMS pellets at my recommendation for a bladder stone pig in their care. They ordered it directly from KMS. The bag arrived a few days later and was only half full. Rescue emailed KMS; no answer. Emailed them a second time; no answer. I have emailed KMS myself on their behalf this past week--twice. Nothing. Today, I posted on their FB page, hoping maybe they are checking social media if something is going on with their email account. No response there, either. Another customer responded to my message that they were having the same issue with emails not being answered.

I'm very frustrated because I referred the rescue to KMS, they have a problem, and they are being ignored. If something is wrong at KMS, they need to tell their customers. Stuff happens, especially during Covid, and we can certainly make allowances for that. If they're just not bothering to respond to emails, though, that is pretty crappy.

tiggyswift

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:18 am

It’s been a while since I ordered from KM’s but Dan always answered my emails within a few days. Maybe he took a vacation?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:06 am

I would think they'd post that on their website or FB page, or have an auto-message for email. I haven't seen anything.

tiggyswift

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:17 am

You’d think he would do that. I’m just guessing he is on vacation. Maybe he is sick?

Tofu

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:33 am

Here is a message I received on 7/29 when I ordered some 3rd cut Timothy. He texted the same message to me, maybe they are having email issues? Seems like this and their customer service problems have been going on for quite a while, really hope they get their act together.
I would like to apologize. I am trying text and email together because I do not believe my email blast made it to you or anyone else on the list. I cannot get 3rd Timothy that would meet the expectation of anyone. The intent of the email was asking people if they would like to switch hays. Next week we should have fresh 2nd cut. Right now we have fresh bluegrass and oat hay. I am reaching out directly via text in hopes I can bridge our customer service gap as well. My days are excessively long right now but I am digging in because I genuinely care about all of this. Do know, that as of this morning, we have also hired an additional team member for exclusively customer service. So Sorry for my failure to lead our customer service team well. -Dan
I replied back via text and got a response there right away, you might want to try that: 650-735-8607

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:52 am

When the weather does not cooperate, it can be pretty much impossible to find good hay.

I hope he gets his act together too.

tiggyswift

Post   » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:02 pm

I stopped ordering from him about 2 months ago not because of the customer service but because I felt the quality of the hay/pellets went downhill and all my guys stopped eating it. I feel bad as I’ve been a loyal customer for many years but if my pigs won’t eat it I’m not going to buy it.

JJGiebz
Make Good Choices

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:28 pm

I contacted KMS through their website in June to ask a question about their pellets, since the pigs started gurgling around the time we got a new bag of pellets. I never got any kind of auto “we got your email” message and they never answered.

I have also been having problems with Small Pet Select lately. So now I’m not sure what I’m going to do for hay once this box of terrible SPS runs out. I might just switch back to Oxbow. At least I know what I’m getting from them.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:04 am

You could try ordering hay through Chewy's. I've had good luck with their 2nd cut Rabbit Hole hay. It's rated higher than their 3rd cut so I've never tried the 3rd cut.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:10 am

Ditto -- I've had very good luck with Rabbit Hole Hay on Chewy.com.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:25 pm

Our kids have been eating "medium" (2nd cut more or less) from Rabbit Hole & loving it.