KMS Hayloft

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:23 am

I get Oxbow timothy and orchard grass separately for that reason - Lacey picks through it and there’s a lot of waste. It looks and smells fresh but she seems to leave a lot uneaten.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:29 pm

Here's my pissed-off email from last Wednesday. I've been more polite than they deserve. No reply yet.

My 7/20 order #34981 was never shipped. I know from long experience with KMS Hayloft that there can be supply problems with your pellet manufacturers, but I was never notified that the pellets are sold out.

Nor was my recurring charge suspended until my order shipped.

I think you should have contacted your customers with some explanation, at least.

Longtime customer who is unhappy about poor communications,

Margery

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:47 pm

They absolutely have to refrain from billing if they don't have the product! I would be pretty mad too.

daj

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:50 pm

They sent this out today:
I think we all know those times when you feel like you are out of the pan and into the fire. That has definitely been 2021. As we all have been transitioning from the most difficult parts of the pandemic, the west has been struggling with drought and extreme fires. The picture above is from a fire in Washington that burned over 86,000 acres recently a couple of hours from our farm.

Due to the drought, fires, and heavy smoke in the air, hay and other agricultural products are seeing yields down by up to 75%.

What does this mean for KMS Hayloft and serving you?

Our small team is digging deep and working harder than ever.

It also means that we have hired another person to work with you on social media, customer service, and additional communication. That gives us two people focusing exclusively on YOU! This allows me to be highly focused on getting the best possible products. Many of our normal farmers have not had enough hays to take care of our needs for the year and I have been working day and night to make sure we have everything you need and aren't compromising on quality.

Our mill is also struggling with keeping up with demand. We use only the highest quality ingredients in our pellets and because yields are low it is very difficult to get our necessary ingredients and keep them in stock. Currently, we are 3 weeks late on the last estimated pellet delivery. Twice there have been ingredients intended for our pellets which have gone undelivered with no answers being provided to the mill. I will begin weekly updates starting this week so you all know the continued status.

As always, I will continue to make myself available. While a growing business makes it difficult at times, it is very important to me. I hear from customers every day and those that continue to reach out directly I am grateful for. Your continued encouragement during this strenuous time has been the additional boost our team has needed to continue to dig deep and keep pushing forward.

-Dan

I am not sure what he means by "As always, I will continue to make myself available."
I am hoping my replacement experiment will be a success so I can do without commercial pellets.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:32 pm

Got the same email.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:11 pm

I just got an email from Dan to let me know that the timothy pellets will start milling next week!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:50 pm

Hrphm! I didn't get that email, and they charged me for pellets a month ago! Let's see if I get to the front of the queue for receiving the new batch. Had to buy Oxbow in the meantime.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:33 pm

I didn't get that email, either---but I got one the other day saying they would send me an update (it wasn't from Dan; some name I didn't recognize). I really feels like the left hand at KMS doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Anyway, that's good to hear. I am running low again and had to order Oxbow, too. My last batch of KMS came from Amazon.com (they sent 5 lbs. and not 10 lb, but that might have been my fault), but they are sold out there, too.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:34 pm

It was a reply to an email I sent asking when they expected to get them in again, not a bulk mailing. My guys came from a pellet-free home, but I had to go and introduce them to KMS!  They don't eat many, so I can hopefully stretch them out before resorting to a bag of Oxbow.  They didn't want these at first, so I don't know what they would think of Oxbow.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:08 pm

I'm hoping I can mix mine with Garden Select to help stretch it as much as possible. :\

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:34 am

I found a place to get Timothy Hay and Oxbow pellets so I don't have to get them online. Tractor Supply Store has 50 lb bales of Timothy Grass and so far it's been really fresh and green. Since I didn't know where anything is around here, being new to the area I have been looking into KMS Hayloft when I found that store. I have to drive an hour and a half round trip, but it's better than having order online and waiting for the mail. I can make the trip worthwhile by getting a month's supply too.

The hay is $22.50 per 50 lb bale and the pellets are $8 for a 5 lb bag. My pigs eat pellets, but they don't eat much of them, so 2 bags can last them for the month. I should have known that moving to farm country would make getting supplies for my guinea pigs easier, cheaper and I would get better hay.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:17 pm

Beware the pellets, though. Look for corn in them. If there is alfalfa, more suitable for young and pregnant pigs. You may need to still find a low calcium timothy based pellet for the adults.