Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:30 am

So glad everyone made it safely. You’ve accomplished so much getting to your new home with the trailer and vehicles. Just take things a day at a time. Once you get a little rest you’ll be feeling better. Take care.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:48 am

Thank you. I'll recover eventually. It just takes a lot longer than when I was in my prime. The important thing is that everyone made it here and all of the time crunch stuff got done before their deadlines.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:09 am

Super! Thanks for the update! Sorry it took so long but at least you are there! I hope you end up 100% happy in your new home.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:30 am

Yay! Welcome to the Show-Me state! "It just takes a lot longer than when I was in my prime." I hear you on that one. Once you get the necessities unpacked you can take your time on the rest of it. I'm looking forward to hearing about how the piggies adapt to their new home.

"He probably didn't even realize that he was traveling." Funny.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:30 pm

Mr. Bubbles got his first taste of Missouri grass. Didn't take him long to eat his fill. I think there's a bit of cool comfort there for him to lay in as well.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:20 pm

I'm assuming it's a different kind of grass from what they had before? It looks lush.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:14 pm

It's actually a mixture of grasses. There's even some hay in there that spilled over from the pasture over the years. We just don't let it get to full height.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:21 pm

This is the pasture. It is about 4 and a half of the 8.7 acres we bought. It was let go for quite a while before I bought it. Going to take some time and TLC to get it back in shape.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:15 pm

I hope there are no dreaded weeds. Some weeds are very prickly and can cause injury. But what a lovely opportunity!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:28 am

That's just beautiful. I lived in Hawaii for a short time right after college and I really missed the Missouri countryside.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:46 pm

I've already had it brush hogged down. I'll have to get it sprayed for the weeds and it will be out of commission for a whole season. When it comes back, it will be in really good shape. I can have a 100 foot square section cleared and plant Timothy grass. That's a year out though. In the meantime, I've found a local farm store that has 50 lb bales of Timothy hay for them.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:53 pm

Pig heaven.