Zachary Binks

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:21 pm

So I went to say goodbye to the guinea pigs before heading to Colorado and I found Zachary Binks sleeping like this. It melted my heart. Not only is that how Mr Bubbles used to sleep, that's the same hut he had.

Any remaining doubts I had about his happiness to be part of our family are now gone. I didn't want to disturb him, so I left him asleep. My son told me later that he had gotten up and eaten the rest of that lettuce. We can't go to see my mom until this afternoon, so we're visiting with my dad until it's time.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:27 pm

What a sweet little pig. He’s so lucky to have such a good home. Funny he ended up for adoption since he’s so used to being handled and eats well. Glad to see he’s fitting right in.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:09 pm

Staying in Colorado with my dad until Sunday. All reports are that Zachary Binks is doing very well. He greets my son with a squeak and a finger nibble when he goes in to feed and care for him. I miss him and all of my guinea pig friends.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:49 pm

I bet in their own way they miss you too.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 pm

Got some lap time in with Zachary Binks. He's a very lively pig. He squeaks a lot too. Good squeaks too, not like he would if something was wrong with him. Maybe that's why he wound up in rescue twice. I absolutely love a verbal guinea pig, but some people don't. That's their loss and my gain.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:05 pm

Picture slowly downloaded and I had fun seeing what it would show. So happy he has settled in and has got you his slave well trained. He is one happy piggy and you are one happy slave!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:35 pm

It's like all of my guinea pigs who have passed on got together and each put one thing that I loved most about them into Zachary Binks and sent him to me. He's loveable and verbal in the same way as Scruffy. He big and gentle like BJ, has a motor like Sammy, playful like Oreo and outgoing like Ruffles. He has more than one thing in common with Mr Bubbles. He gives me guinea pig kisses from inside his cage, easy to pick up and handle, curls up in his hut (when it's not tipped over) and sleeps the same way and he loves bell pepper so much that he eats that first like Mr Bubbles. I'd be willing to bet that Mr Bubbles organized everything with the others up there on the rainbow bridge.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:53 pm

He sounds like a sweetheart.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:26 pm

Lucky pig slave, lucky pig.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:37 pm

I honestly think Zachary Binks used to have a partner. He really likes the other guinea pigs. He goes crazy any time one of them is near him. He shows excitement like he misses his buddy and is happy to see them, not aggressiveness. Being at least a two time rescue pig, it's feasible that he was separated at some point. The only other single pig I have is Dean. He had Sammy, so he isn't a total stranger to sharing a cage, but it's been almost a year of him being a single. Not sure if he would accept another partner. He seems happy too, so I'm not sure I want to put him through the pairing process which may or may not work out.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:09 pm

IMO, it wouldn't hurt to try pairing them. If it works out, they'd both be happier. If it doesn't, you haven't lost much.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:50 pm

Ditto.