Dwayne is being adopted

RubySimon

Post   » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:27 am

My foster pig, Dwayne, has someone that potentially wants to adopt him. I am hoping it is a match and they will love him as I do. He is just a very very nice pig boy. Gentle, adorable, and very very sweet. I am a little sad, this is the hard part of fostering. I actually did think that he would be a long term foster situation. He is almost 4, and there are many younger pigs available. But I did put in his bio that he should go to a home with at least one other pig to be nearby. So, maybe this person is looking for a pig that likes others. That would be wonderful............ I will send him with a little food, hay and a couple of his fav chews. I also made him a little Christmas stocking, I will send that too. Person will probably think I am cuckoo, but she/he won't be the first!!!!!!

Already have another pig in the works to foster through another organization I volunteer for. Will see if it works. Can't take him if Dwayne doesn't get adopted.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:58 pm

Aw, I hope it works out well for Dwayne! I do think you can influence who will adopt a foster and hope your description means it will be a great home.

RubySimon

Post   » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:41 pm

Oh, I will do my utmost to "sell" him. I realize the ultimate goal is to get him into a permanent home. But I will miss the little guy..........

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:23 pm

Have any pictures to share? We want to cheer him on!

RubySimon

Post   » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:52 am

Lynx-Thanks, he needs all the positive vibes he can get!! But, ugh, I have several adorable pics, but I don't know how to post them. I will see if I can figure it out. He is just such a sweet guy.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:58 am

I think these days people use imgur and flickr? Also possible to use google photos and share a link though I don't think it can display with image tags.

Here is a topic I started not too long ago that has a little more information:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=78365

RubySimon

Post   » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:05 pm

Thanks Lynx, I will read it when I have time.

He did get adopted today. A very nice woman and her teen daughter adopted him. They seemed to be enamored of him immediately. I actually told them about this site and all the great info that is one it. They said they were going to adopt another pig too. Which will be very nice for Dwayne. I will really miss him, he was such a nice pig. Perfect first piggy for them.

Now I need another to come along.....................

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:08 pm

Congrats to Dwayne! So glad he has a good home! I know all these pets work their way into your heart, whether permanent or fosters.

RubySimon

Post   » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:02 am

Ack, I woke up at 1am and had monkey mind. I kept obsessing about Dwayne. Worrying that he was freaked out by yet another move, worried that there was not a hidey house in his enclosure for him (what???), that he might not have this or that, etc. The people that took him were so nice, I don't know what was going on in my head. Never got back to sleep so I got up to read. I have not been like this with any fosters for a really long time, at least 12 years. I am a little more sane this morning, but I still feel so so bad for letting him go. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?????? LOL. This is why I do what I do, so they can have a good life elsewhere. And he will. I just go so attached to this one............
I will be fine in a day or two. And I will do it again. Sigh..............

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:06 am

((Hugs))

Dwayne lived well and was loved by you. That time is precious. You found him a good home.

Reminds me of having children grow up and leave the nest. You do the best while they are with you and hope they have good lives.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:43 am

Does anyone follow up with the new owners to see how they settled in? Our humane society does that, and the volunteer has a little conversation just to ease their mind that everything is going well.

RubySimon

Post   » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:48 am

Lynx- that was definitely precious time.

ItsaZoo-Yes, they do call and check in for issues, questions, etc. And the adopters have my email for any questions. I hope they have been on this site reading up. I did recommend it.