The Tale of My Insane Cavies

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:28 am

Really, a pig who looks like Elsie? Show me some photos of that pig!

Allysse

Post   » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:55 pm

What a cute story! Peeing on you during the adoption or right after is a great sign that you've found the right piggy. You have an adorable little herd there!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:29 pm

Yeah, more stories!
Elsie surely is cute, I just love her face with that curious look! : )

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:55 pm

Well, there's not much more in the story, except that they are living together somewhat peacefully, and that I'm trying to convince my parents to let me adopt another cavy for Christmas. You see, I want to continue with my pattern of getting another pig every winter. ;)
I'll tell you about some of the more interesting moments with the herd now.
Hannah's Attack
Hannah, as you'll know if you've seen the "Disapproving Pig" thread, is mean. Well, one day my friend needing a pigsitter for her lone boar, Diablo, and I could do it. When he arrived, I decided to let him spend a little time with my pigs, since I knew the poor guy was lonely. So, for a few hours they got along, despite the girls being annoyed by his infatuation with them. Eventually, Hannah just got sick of him. She plopped her immense flab down at the base of the ramp that goes between the two main levels, and refused to move. Elsie, who had been on the upper level, had run halfway down the ramp, then noticed Hannah, and stood there, her tiny brain trying to decide if she should be brave and face Hannah, or go back upstairs. Poor Diablo was on the bottom level of the cage, and wanted to go up. Nothing would stop the little guy. He walked up to Hannah (ignoring her sounds of hatred), and jumped clear over her, onto the ramp, while she lunged at him, extremely pissed. He just kept going, quickly jumping over Elsie, and up to victory! Yay for Diablo!
Here's the little cutie at the 2006 Spring DC Pignic.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:04 pm

Hmm… when did Hannah join the Sisterhood of Gangsta pigs?
I wonder was Hannah sitting there in hope of collecting some ramp toll…?
Although, I have to say Diablo’s agility and fast feet are very impressive!

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:52 pm

Yes, she probably planned on taking it from his coin purse. ;)
Hannah has always been a Gangsta pig. She says she would love to meet Meimei one day.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:02 pm

Look out world, gangsta pigs unite!

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:13 pm

I am so going to do a photo shoot of Hannah in a do-rag now.

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:12 am

Here are the picture from the Ohio pignic:

http://imageevent.com/erin8607/rescue/2005picnic

Parsley and her sisters live with Danielle7577

piggiemomma5372

Post   » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:39 am

Question. Snickers is male, Hannah is a spayed female. Did you get Elsie spayed as well? or did you neuter Snickers?

Great story by the way!

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:46 pm

Piggiemomma-The rescue I got Hannah and Elsie from spays and neuters all pigs, unless it would be too risky. So, yes, Elsie is also spayed.

piggiemomma5372

Post   » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:45 pm

Thanks, I was confused for a moment I'm better now!