Moving Internationally

RubySimon

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:20 pm

WOW! Amazing story and so wonderful that you and they are settling in well.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:34 pm

I loved her story! I hope she and the guinea pigs are doing well.

JJGiebz
Make Good Choices

Post   » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:07 am

I just saw this, I am so sorry! We are all doing well in Switzerland, for the most part : )

Peppa (ca 6.5 yo) developed some more health issues in November, had an abscess removed from her neck last month, and is now dropping weight like crazy despite eating well. Such is the life of an old lady.

She loves it here, though. There are lots of hay treats and fun hides on offer at the pet store that we couldn't get in the US and she is truly living whatever days she has left. <3

Gus (ca 5.5 yo) has calmed down a little bit though I think he really doesn't like the fresh air! On NYE there were LOUD fireworks going off right outside the window and he dozed right through it in is cuddle cup. If a breeze comes through though... he is on high alert!

He is also loving all of the new treats, and our larger apartment. He wanders all over the place now during floor time - supervising everything from me folding his laundry to me exercising. Always micromanaging : )

RubySimon

Post   » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:25 am

Great update! Glad you all have settled in nicely.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:26 pm

So happy to get an update! Maintaining weight can be a challenge, especially when a guinea pig gets older.

It sounds like they are enjoying their time in Switzerland!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:16 pm

I just read this from the start. What an experience & what a good job you did for your pigs!! I'm glad they're doing so well.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:16 pm

Quite an experience it was! I am so glad she shared it with us.